MEDIA ALERT 8 JULY 2010
Vodafone launches bigger, better mobile broadband offers
Sydney, Australia – July 08, 2010: Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) today released details of a major overhaul of mobile broadband plans available on Vodafone, with a freeze on prices, significant increases in data allowances, a universal reduction in excess data charges and new plans that give customers the freedom and flexibility to choose prepaid, monthly, 12-month plans.
Hot on the heels of a series of announcements over the last fortnight aimed at delivering increased value across most prepay and postpaid voice and data plans, Vodafone has again pushed greater value for money into its product range. This includes the addition of the Data Plus Starter pack to Vodafone’s Prepaid mobile range, which includes a free USB stick modem and a massive 6GB of included data with 3-month expiry, all for just $99¹ (introductory price is normally $129).
Vodafone’s new postpaid mobile broadband plans, available on month-to-month or 12-month contract are as follows:
- $15 per month for 1.5GB (previously 1GB)²
- $29 per month for 4GB (previously 3GB)²
- $39 per month for 8GB (previously 6GB)²
- $49 per month for 10GB (previously 8GB)²
The USB modem³ is free on the $29, $39 and $49 12-month plans. Customers who choose the $15 per month for 1.5GB 12-month plan either buy their own modem or pay an additional $4 per month for a modem to be supplied. Customers who want month-to-month plans can buy a Vodafone modem outright for $79³.
Vodafone has also dropped excess data charges on all caps from 10 cents per MB to 2 cents per MB.
“We’ve listened to our customers,” said Edward Goff, General Manager of Voice and Mobile Broadband at Vodafone Hutchison Australia. “They’ve told us they want more generous data allowances; they want the freedom and flexibility to choose the exact duration of their contracts; and the want fairer pricing when they have an internet- and data-intensive month and need to go over and above their usual data allowance.”
To find out more about the new mobile broadband plans, customers can visit www.vodafone.com.au or call Vodafone customer care on 1555 from any Vodafone mobile or 1300 650 410 from any other phone.
For all media enquiries, please contact:
About Vodafone Hutchison Australia
Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) is Australia’s fastest growing mobile provider, operating the Vodafone, 3, and Crazy John’s
brands. Formed in June 2009 following a merger between Vodafone Australia and Hutchison 3G Australia, VHA provides mobile
services to 6.8 million customers in Australia. http://www.three.com.au & www.vodafone.com.au
Notes to Editor:
Terms and Conditions:
- Approved customers only. Credit expires after 94 days unless you recharge in that time. Max 14GB can be accumulated. Usage is calculated in per MB increments. Pricing subject to change. Included data only for use in Australia on Vodafone’s network. Unlocking fee applies.
- Available to approved customers. Minimum monthly spend is $15 for the 1GB plan, $29 for the 4GB plan, $39 for the $8GB plan and $49 for the 10GB plan. Early exit fee: $15 x months left on contract for the 1GB plan and $20 x months left of contract for the 4GB, 8GB and 10GB plans. Total min cost and Early Exit Fees exclude any applicable device repayments. Any charges for additional or excluded services will still apply. If monthly data allowance exceeded: $0.02 per MB applies. 1 month data expiry. Included data only for use in Australia on Vodafone’s network. Unlocking fee applies. Broadband speeds are available in Vodafone’s 3G Mobile Broadband Zone. Slower speeds can be expected outside Vodafone’s 3G Mobile Broadband Zone. Actual speed achieved varies depending on factors such as device capabilities, location and network usage. See www.vodafone.com.au/coverage for details.
- Unlocking fee applies. Vodafone Pty Limited 76 062 954 554.