SYDNEY, 5th August 2010 – Sony Computer Entertainment and Polyphony Digital have announced three different editions of the forthcoming Gran Turismo®5 for PlayStation®3 (PS3), offering racing fans more options than ever for immersing themselves in the drive of a lifetime. The eagerly-awaited game is scheduled to arrive this November – and here’s what to look out for on the starting grid.
More than a thousand cars, a global community of racers, the world’s most iconic racetracks and the drive of a lifetime – that’s Gran Turismo 5. Experience astounding realism, pulse-raising physics, high-speed thrills and a full tank of international motoring glamour as you race against friends at home or online against champions from around the world, and build yourself a stable of the finest cars ever to have graced the tarmac anywhere. One of the world’s best-selling driving games is back, packed with new features, new rides and new experiences that’ll take your life into the fast lane like never before.
A highly-desirable upgrade for serious racers and motoring fans, this eye-catching edition comes with plenty of added horsepower inside its high-end collector’s box. As well as the game itself, you’ll get:
· Exclusive Special Edition inlay sleeve art
· 200+ page ‘Apex’ driver’s magazine with hints on driving technique, car tuning, future technologies and more
· Five Collector’s Edition artcards featuring exclusive artwork
· In-game ‘ChromeLine’ vehicle pack: five performance-enhanced cars ready to race
· Exclusive dynamic theme to customize your PS3 XMB
Reminiscent of a no-expense-spared supercar launch, this luxury edition puts the pedal to the metal as soon as you open its contoured steel case – which is finished in Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG ‘Obsidian Black’. As well as the game, the ‘Apex’ driver’s magazine and the ChromeLine car pack, you’ll get:
· An exclusive, branded Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 1:43 scale model car
· A Gran Turismo leather wallet and metal Gran Turismo key fob
· A Signature Edition coffee table book featuring the beautiful cars and locations of Gran Turismo
· A bespoke Gran Turismo 5 USB key with a trailer showing the collaboration between Mercedes-Benz and Polyphony that brought the SLS AMG to screen
· Six additional in-game ‘Stealth’ cars including the McLaren F1 and the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and a dynamic theme
· For those 18 or over and a resident of Australia, the chance to win a real-life Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG – your very own gull-winged, 6.3-litre-engined supercar – in a competition like no other! Full terms and conditions will be made available at www.gran-turismo.com
Are you ready for the drive of your life? The Gran Turismo 5 Standard Edition, Collectors Edition and Signature Edition for PS3 arrive this November: visit www.gran-turismo.com or www.au.playstation.com for more information.