AUSTRALIA, September 2010: Following a much-hyped, very enthusiastic reception from music lovers and fashion aficionados in the UK, France and Japan, Atomic Floyd — the high-performance headphone brand that perfectly fuses sound performance and style — is proud to officially launch in Australia.
Borne out of obsession, Atomic Floyd headphones are the offspring of a pioneering collective of designers and engineers from backgrounds at Nike, adidas, Philips and Shure. Sharing an intense common passion for music, sound and iconic design, they believe that superb sound and great aesthetics should go hand-in-hand.
After years of pushing industry boundaries through experimentation, invention, testing and crafting, the Atomic Floyd team has created a range of great-looking headphones with jaw -dropping acoustic performance for a deeper and richer audio experience.
While most headphones are comprised of plastic components, Atomic Floyds are handcrafted in metal including AcousticSteel™, Titanium and 24k Gold. Designed and engineered to the highest industry standards Atomic Floyd outperforms long-established brands at the top end of the market with products that are built to last.
- AcousticSteel™ : An ultra-thin material which increases the acoustic chamber capacity to achieve spectacular World Class acoustics.
- AirVents: Acoustic porting that increases driver movement by controlling the flow of air for deep distortion-free bass.
- Performance Cabling : High-Definition Kevlar fabric cable that delivers high clarity audio in robust tangle free cord.
- SoundProof Eartips : Small, medium and large size ear tips that offer maximum comfort and excellent noise reduction.
Designed for music lovers with something to say – they work with iPhone, iPod, iPad, BlackBerry, MP3 players and other mobile phones. What’s more each product comes with a protective leather travel pouch, an airplane adapter, DJ jack, as well as a two-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Atomic Floyd founder James Strong says: “Our headphones have been conceived by engineers at the top of their game, shaped by designers responsible for some of the most cutting-edge products of the last 10 years and built with the finest components. The result is great looking headphones that deliver an unrivalled sound experience.”
He adds: “I’ve spent years seeing brands buying of f-the-shelf headphones, branding them up and selling them with a massive price uplift. But there’s no skill, no beauty and certainly no thought in products like that. We wanted Atomic Floyd to be the exact opposite. We are defying industry standards and defining a new consumer market, going far beyond the traditional parameters of music, fashion and technology.”
Atomic Floyd now available in Australia with a five-piece collection:
- AirDrum +Microphone: $349.00
- AirJax +Microphone: $329.00 ($299 w/o microphone)
- TwistJax AcousticSteel: $299.00
- HiDefDrum +Microphone: $249.00
- HiDefJax AcousticSteel: $219.00
All products are available from Apple Stores nationally.