Fremont, California. Penpower Inc, the US-based subsidiary of Penpower Technology Limited, recently launched the amazing new software application for the iPhone – Worldictionary, that enables instant translation.
The app, called Worldictionary, available now from the App store costs just $5.99 and is sure to be a big hit with users of the iPhone, according to the company. Worldictionary will instantly define a particular text and translate it to the chosen language, with no manual typing or picture representation.
Worldictionary launched by Penpower Inc. is created to be an indispensable travel companion that will provide translation services as and when needed for people who have to be on the move. The instant ‘view and translate’ allows users to receive instant translations by simply pointing the iPhone’s camera towards the word you want. Worldictionary is capable of recognition of and translation between nine languages and there is absolutely no need to type anything for the app to work!
“We felt the need for an app that would make translations easy, immediate and fun to use and Worldictionary is just the tool that would help to do this.” said DP Deng, Vice President of Penpower Inc. “There is no need for any picture-taking or scanning and you do not need to type the word either for the app to work.”
- The ‘view and translate’ feature enables instant translation by the simple act of pointing the iPhone camera at the particular word.
- The Worldictionary app recognizes and translates between nine languages. These are Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, English, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- There is no need to type the word for the app to work.
- If the user wishes to look up additional words or wishes to find out more about the use of certain words, a picture of the text has to be taken and then the device is to be pointed towards the word or words, one after the other.
- Alternatively, an image from the iPhone can be selected and the translation can be obtained immediately.
- An anti-shake function enables enhanced picture quality.
- All search records are automatically saved by Worldictionary and it also enables creation of a word database for the user to increase translation efficiency.
- Worldictionary is compatible with iPhone 4 with 3G support.
- The app needs the iOS 4.2 or a later version.
Price and Availability:
Worldictionary is currently available at the Apple App Store for a purchase price of $ 5.99.
About Penpower Technology Ltd
In 1991, Dr. Tsay, the founder of Penpower invented the special writing pad with handwriting recognition technology, to enable people who were not very computer-literate to input Chinese characters with normal handwriting, like they would on paper. Penpower Technology is today an acknowledged pioneer and world leader in integrated solutions for Intelligent Human Computer Interface Technologies. Penpower has specialized in the development of business productivity software, Asian language-based software and mobile electronics. Worldictionary is the latest innovation in a series of information technology solutions and multi-processor, multi-platform and multi-language recognition systems.