BURLINGTON, Mass., – May 18, 2011 – Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN), a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions, today introduced OmniPage® Professional 18, the new release of the world’s best-selling and most accurate document conversion and scanning solution for Microsoft® Windows®. OmniPage 18 extends Nuance’s lead in the industry with first-ever scan-to-cloud capabilities and innovative PDF eDiscovery conversion. Most important, the product also delivers on what matters most to users of scanning and OCR products – providing up to a 67 percent increase in conversion accuracy
OmniPage 18 is a significant and valuable upgrade, delivering a wide range of innovations and enhancements focused on making scanning and PDF conversion even more productive and powerful. This release introduces a number of innovations including the Nuance Cloud Connector, which allows users to directly open, save and convert documents in Evernote, Google Docs, Box.net, Windows SkyDrive, and over 20 additional cloud services. The Nuance Cloud Connector also allows users to automatically scan converted documents to those same cloud environments, eliminating cumbersome login and upload steps.
“OmniPage 18 was designed with the most user input ever, resulting in a product with the highest levels of quality and accuracy ever,” said Robert Weideman, General Manager and Senior Vice President for the Nuance Document Imaging Division. “With over 70 percent of OmniPage customers already using document cloud services, this release brings the power and value of OCR and scanning to a growing mobile and cloud-connected world.”
OmniPage 18 also delivers greater speed and convenience than ever before. OmniPage 18 saves users 15 minutes or more per page, compared to manually re-creating a document – translating into an hour of time saved for a simple four page document. In addition, OmniPage 18 increases its PDF conversion speed, delivering 30 percent faster processing for multi-page PDF files, and includes new scanner enhancement tools (SET) that use automatic image correction to improve the quality of poorly scanned images. For example, whiteboard content can be captured using a mobile phone camera, with the image enhanced for readability using OmniPage 18.
Another first for OmniPage 18 is its innovative PDF conversion capability. Where other products can destroy annotation information as they make scanned PDF files searchable, OmniPage 18 includes the eDiscovery Assistant™, which creates a more optimized searchable PDF while preserving sticky notes and annotations within the PDF. The result delivers exactly what users want – all the existing PDF annotations are saved, and they have the ability to search all the scanned content in the PDF. The eDiscovery Assistant also supports batch conversion, making OmniPage an invaluable tool for those working with contracts, document revisions, HR materials, as well as scanned financial and tax information.
OmniPage 18: #1 in Scanning and Document Conversion
Key capabilities and benefits of Nuance OmniPage 18:
• The most accurate is now even more accurate. OmniPage 18 delivers up to a 67 percent increase in layout accuracy and an 18 percent character accuracy improvement for turning paper into editable digital documents.
• Perfect formatting. Converted documents look like the original – complete with columns, tables, bullets and graphics – and are easier to edit than ever before.
• Improved organization. OmniPage includes Nuance PaperPort software which helps users organize, view and find over 150 document and photo formats. It also includes Nuance PDF Create to create 100 percent industry-standard PDF files.
• Mobile document capture. Use images from iPhone®, iPad®, or a digital camera and convert them into a readable format for mobile devices and electronic book readers.
• Convert documents in the cloud. Convert documents stored in Windows Live SkyDrive, GoogleDocs, Evernote, Dropbox, and many more. Includes the Nuance Cloud Connector powered by Gladinet.
• Complete forms processing. Convert paper forms to fillable forms and distribute electronically. OmniPage can collect data from PDF or paper forms and export to a spreadsheet-compliant or database-compliant format.
• Microsoft SharePoint and DMS connectivity. Features new support for Open Text Hummingbird Connector, Autonomy-Interwoven iManage Connector, and support for Microsoft SharePoint connectivity.
• Built-in automatic redaction and highlight. Redact or black out confidential text or quickly locate information with highlights. OmniPage can recognize and automatically mark-up text based on a list of key words.
• Language recognition for over 120 languages. Process, edit and store documents from anywhere in the world. Now supports Chinese, Japanese and Korean languages.
Pricing and Availability
OmniPage 18 and OmniPage Professional 18 will be available through Nuance’s national retailer and value-added reseller network from 1 June 2011. Orders can be placed now. For additional information on features, pricing, and licensing programs, please visit http://australia.nuance.com/imaging/ or call 1300 550 716.
Follow Nuance OmniPage on Twitter @OmniPage and visit our OmniPage Fanpage .
Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance Communications, Inc. is a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with information and how they create, share and use documents. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.