Sydney, Australia — 22 March 2012 – Corel today announced the launch of CorelDRAW® Graphics SuiteX6, the newest version of its flagship graphics suite. Featuring a completely revamped typography engine, inspiring new color styles and harmonies, and powerful shaping tools, the new suite offers graphics professionals its most creative and powerful tools to date. With a focus on opening up new creative possibilities for the design community, this major upgrade delivers improved workflow and performance making it even easier for both aspiring and experienced designers to connect with assets, work with leading edge tools and technology, and output their design projects with confidence.
“Our CorelDRAW community consistently inspires us with their creativity and versatility. Our members play a central role in helping us determine the essential features and enhancements that will help to accelerate the design process while enabling them to showcase their true design style, ,” said John Falsetto, Senior Product Manager for CorelDRAW. “We want to provide our users with all of the tools and options they need to be as creative and productive as possible so that they can share their vision and inspire others through their work.”
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 Delivers Power and Versatility; Expands Creative Capabilities
The following new features, along with numerous time-saving enhancements, are designed to address the needs of CorelDRAW users in a wide variety of industries including sign making, graphic design, fashion/apparel design, wide format printing, marketing, print production, screen printing, awards and engraving, vehicle wrap design, and other businesses of all sizes.
New Feature Highlights
- Advanced OpenType® Support: Create beautiful text with advanced OpenType® typography features, such as contextual and stylistic alternates, ligatures, ornaments, swash variants, and more.
- New Custom-built Color Harmonies: Modify colors collectively in a harmony and analyze colors and hues to deliver complementary color schemes.
- New Native 64-bit and Enhanced Multi-Core Support: Quickly process files and images up to 50% faster than before.
- New Creative Vector Shaping tools: Creatively add effects using four new vector shaping tools — Smear, Twirl, Attract and Repel.
- New Styles Engine and Docker: Format with speed and simplify the creation, application, and management of styles for consistent formatting across multiple objects.
- New Smart Carver™: Remove unwanted areas from an image while simultaneously maintaining the photo’s aspect ratio.
- Improved Page Layout Capabilities: Create design layouts with ease using new and improved Master Layer functionality, Alignment Guides, Interactive frames and much more.
- Redesigned Object Properties Docker: Save time, fine-tune designs and get access to the object settings in one centralized location.
“People are looking for software that produces professional results without the complexity. This is especially important for those who rely on graphic software for their business,” said Kathleen Maher, Senior Analyst at Jon Peddie Research. “This is what CorelDRAW Graphics Suite was designed to do, and we see that legacy continuing strong in the new version. Corel has balanced new features that keep the software competitive for experienced designers, but new users can still get up and working quickly.”
Added Maher: “The latest version of CorelDRAW keeps pace with today’s hardware with support for 64-bit memory and multi-core processing. Corel has added significant new features into every module making it a very well-rounded suite of products. Most intriguing, we like the way CorelDRAW Graphics Suite offers features that straddle traditional boundaries between illustration, design, drafting, and imaging. We are finding more and more people are doing more in their every day jobs and products like CorelDRAW Graphics Suite let them work with one package they can easily learn and grow with.”
What’s Included in CorelDRAW Graphics X6
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 includes CorelDRAW® X6, an intuitive vector-illustration and page-layout application; Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™X6, a professional image-editing application; Corel® PowerTRACE™ X6, a utility to quickly and accurately convert bitmaps into editable vector graphics; Corel® CONNECT™ X6, a full-screen browser to search the suite’s digital content on a computer, local network, or disc and stock imagery from iStockPhoto® and Fotolia;Corel CAPTURE™ X6, a one-click screen capture utility; and new to the suite is Corel® Website Creator™ X6 for designing and building websites .
Users also receive 10,000 high-quality clipart and images; 1,000 new professional high-resolution digital photos; 1,000 OpenType fonts, including premium fonts, such as Helvetica®; 2,000 vehicle templates; 350 professionally designed templates; and 800 frames and patterns.Corel will continue to enhance the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 experience by making more content and functionality available throughout the lifecycle for X6 users.
For a full list of everything included in CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 and to download a free 30-day fully-functional trial version, please visit www.corel.com.au
Availability and Pricing
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 is now available in English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Brazilian-Portuguese and Dutch and can be downloaded from Corel’s website atwww.corel.com.au in Australia, the full version of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 is $699 (AUD) and the upgrade is available for $299 (AUD). Commercial and education volume licenses are also available.