Beautiful images, ease of use and a premium property hunting experience for Australians
Sydney, 12 August 2011 - Consumer demand has accelerated the need for Australia’s number one property site, realestate.com.au, to develop an application specifically designed for the iPad. The realestate.com.au App for iPad joins the iPhone® and Android apps in its multi-channel technology portfolio – with the App for iPhone consistently featuring in the top five downloaded lifestyle apps since its launch in Australia.
“The realestate.com.au App for iPad is the essential tool for property hunters and sellers on-the-go this spring, a traditionally popular time in the world of real estate,” Henry Ruiz, Chief Product Officer at realestate.com.au said.
Key features of the realestate.com.au App for iPad include:
- Hi-resolution, image-led pages allowing a more enjoyable customer experience
- Easy search functionality – search by current location, single suburb or multiple suburbs
- A ‘Get Directions’ icon (Get directions to properties via Google Maps)
- Innovative map-based search experience allowing users to see properties available for rent or to buy on a map
- Simple bookmarking functionality allowing users to save properties of interest
- Double tap to view full screen images or swipe left or right to see the next property
With over 22.4 million page views to its desktop site from iPad users in the month of July(1), realestate.com.au today announced the launch of its App for iPad.
Henry Ruiz added: “Simplicity is one of the key principles we looked at when developing this app. Our customer research suggested that it needed to be easy to navigate, so we have created an app that feels more like browsing through a magazine,” added Ruiz.
“The realestate.com.au App for iPad is the perfect tool for the time-poor property enthusiast who is looking for a more-rounded property searching experience – we expect its magazine-style will strike a chord with iPad owners.”
The realestate.com.au App for iPad is FREE to download by visiting the iTunes(2) store.
(1) The iPad accounted for 22,430,879 on realestate.com.au’s desktop site research during the month of July. Research conducted by Omniture Research July 2011
(2) Apple iTunes App store. Apple, iPhone and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.