SYDNEY – 4 September, 2012 – As Aussies continue their rapid adoption of smartphones and tablets, NETGEAR has today announced the WiFi Booster for Mobile (WN1000RP). The compact and user-friendly WiFi Booster for Mobile gives consumers a simple and affordable way to extend and strengthen wireless coverage in the home, offering a better internet experience on mobile devices like smartphones, iPads, Android tablets and e-readers.
“We know that most tablet and smartphone owners in particular prefer to use WiFi rather than a mobile data plan to access the internet at home,” said Brad Little, Senior Director of Consumer Channels, NETGEAR Australia and New Zealand. “The new WiFi Booster for Mobile provides consumers with improved connectivity in the home for streaming content to their mobile devices, while also reducing their mobile data usage and avoiding the risk of extra charges.”
NETGEAR’s WiFi Booster for Mobile repeats a 2.4 GHz WiFi signal from existing routers and gateways. With an unobtrusive wall-plug design and simple setup, the device connects quickly and easily once plugged into a power outlet and provides an instant and secure connection to any existing WiFi network. The WN1000RP reduces WiFi dead spots, allowing users to roam freely about the home while streaming content.
- Boosts coverage of the 2.4 GHz WiFi signal, reducing WiFi dead spots for mobile devices
- Supports wireless 802.11 b/g/n standards and compatible with any existing WiFi router or service provider gateway
- Mobile-friendly browser-based setup (no CD needed)
- Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) for a quick and secure connection
- Works with all security standards including WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, mixed mode and WEP
- Dynamic LEDs for real-time network connection status and optimal placement
- RRP: AUD$69