Online mobile phone re-user Mazuma Mobile expects a spike in activity with the launch of the iPhone 4S.
“When it hits the market on October 14 we expect there will be a spike in iPhone 3 and iPhone 4s being sold at Mazuma,” said company Managing Director Aid Rawlins. “We saw significant increases in traffic with the other iPhone launches and we expect the same this time as consumers often use the cash to upgrade to the latest device.”
The current price Mazuma Mobile will pay for used iPhones is:
- iPhone 4 16GB $329
- iPhone 3G S 16GB $182
- iPhone 3G 8GB $99.40The 32GB versions are worth more.
Mr Rawlins said there were spikes in business at the launch of any new phone whether it was an Apple, Blackberry or Android phone.
“25% of all phone sales are now smartphones – people just want to upgrade to the latest technology. By trading in their old phone to Mazuma, many consumers can fund the purchase of an upgrade or pay for several months of usage,” Mr Rawlins said.
“The majority of these phones still have a useful life – not just the two years of most contracts. Mazuma processes and rehomes the handsets thus getting the most out of the life of the phone not just having it recycled or worse, thrown away, after just two years when the life of most phones is at least 10.
“Most people still don’t know what to do with their old handsets and opt to keep it in a drawer just in case they might need it again, what happens is the phone is often never used again and simply devalues.
“Our solution is to buy these phones and rehome them to countries such as Africa, India and China where handsets are not subsidised as they are in Australia,” he said.
Mazuma complements existing mobile phone recycling programs and works with them to properly dispose of any unusable mobile phones.
Mazuma launched in Australia 18 months ago and has so far bought more than 100,000 handsets from Australian consumers and paid out more than $5 million.
Cashing in your phone is easy.
- Visit www.mazumamobile.com.au, type in the model number of your mobile to receive aninstant quote
- Register your order on the website (you can track the progress of your order via the site)Mazuma guarantee the price of your handset or will send it back to you for free.
- Mazuma will post you a welcome pack which includes a Freepost bag and posting instructions,or you can download your welcome pack and free post label
- Send Mazuma your phone, Mazuma will check and process your order
- Mazuma make payment via cheque or bank transfer within 48 hours of approvalMazuma has received more than 2500 independent glowing reviews from customers in Australia and a staggering 40,000 reviews from UK-based customers where the company originated.