Denon announces the ‘Everyceiver’, with two new AVR models that play everything on a home network
Sydney, September, 2011 — Denon Electronics, one of the world’s premier manufacturers of high-quality home entertainment components, today announced the release of two new models of AVR receivers dubbed ‘Everyceivers’ – on account of their ability to play music from virtually any source.
The two new models are the Denon AVR-1912 and AVR-3312. Both models offer a wealth of analogue and digital connectivity options, but it is their easy networking capabilities that mark them as ideal devices for connected households. Both ‘Everyceiver’ models are DLNA certified and are capable of playing music from:
• Over 18,000 internet radio stations and podcasts without the need for a computer – customers are also provided free access to the world’s best internet radio database so that individual favourites can be added to the receiver’s menu for quick and easy selection• Apple AirPlay devices including iTunes on Mac or PC, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
• Windows Media Player 11 or 12
• Windows 7 “Play to” compatible
• DLNA Android smartphones
• Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices
Denon has emphasised ease of use in designing these products and both models feature an easy Setup Wizard with on-screen guidance to facilitate the initial network setup and speaker and room calibration for optimum tonal quality and balance. The receivers are compatible with the Denon Remote App, allowing users with an iPhone, or iPod Touch to control their system from that device.
Both models also feature USB inputs for iPod and iPhone with Direct Play feature. Users can navigate the iPod or iPhone menu using the receiver’s remote control, with the visuals displayed on their TV via the receiver’s On Screen Display. The on-board Compressed Audio Restorer on both models delivers a high quality output from compressed music files. Optional docking stations are also available.
Superlative Audio Quality
Both Denon AVR receivers deliver high end audio quality thanks to numerous analogue and digital design features. Each model offers seven identical channels of power from discrete output stages, with 90 W x 7 power output on the AVR-1912 and 125W x 7 on the AVR-3312 (both at 8 ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, THD 0.08 %).
The receivers also feature Audyssey Dynamic Volume and MultEQ XT with Auto Setup, using a high quality microphone to perfectly calibrate the receiver to individual room acoustics. The AVR-3312 also features Denon’s acclaimed AL24 Processing Plus and Dynamic Discrete Surround Circuit (DDSC-HD) as well as clock jitter reduction to deliver pristine sound quality from all music sources.
Many additional features
Other notable features offered by the new receivers are:
• Four ‘Quick Select’ buttons allowing instant selection of favourite sources and surround modes
• HDMI v1.4a with 3D Pass-Through, Audio Return Channel, Auto Lipsync and HDMI control (AVR-1912 is 6-in, 1-out; AVR-3312 is 7-in, 2-out)
• High definition audio support with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
• Power Amp Assign function for versatility (Surround Back, Front Height, Zone 2, Bi-Amp, Front Speaker B)
• The AVR-3312 features a high quality 12 bit I/P converter and scaler (up to 1080p)
• Multi-room capabilities (AVR-1912 is 2-zone / 2-source; AVR-3312 is 3-zone / 3-source)
• All DLNA network audio, internet Radio and USB audio can be played in zones as a separate source to the main zone
• AirPlay can also be played in zones but only when played in the main zone as well
• The AVR3312 also features a PCM decoder for its Optical and Coaxial inputs for zone playback
• The AVR1912 is certified for IP control by Control4, AMX and Crestron third party control support via its Ethernet port and the AVR3312 via its RS232C and Ethernet port
• Very low standby power consumption of only 0.1W
Pricing, Availability and Warranty
The AVR-1912 and AVR-3312 are available now from authorised Denon specialist dealers with RRPs of $899 and $1,699 respectively. Both units are available in Black finish. Denon consumer products are covered by a two year warranty with an additional year of warranty provided when consumers register their purchase online with the distributor, Audio Products Group. Further information is available at www.denon.com.au.
# # #
For further information on the new receivers call Stephen Ismay on (02) 9578 0176 or email email@example.com; or visit www.denon.com.au. For PR matters please contact Scott Collins on (02) 9578 0181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Denon is a world leader in the manufacture of the highest quality home theatre, audio and software products. Denon is recognised internationally for innovative and groundbreaking products and has a long history of technical innovations, including the development and groundbreaking commercialisation of PCM digital audio. Denon Electronics is owned by D&M Holdings Inc.