SYDNEY, Australia – October 7, 2010 – Citrix Online, a division of Citrix Systems, Inc., today announced HDFaces™, a high-definition video conferencing technology for its web conferencing products, GoToMeeting®, GoToWebinarâ and GoToTrainingâ. HDFaces features the innovative new Citrix Multistream HD™ technology, which enables all participants to view up to six high-resolution video conferencing streams in a high-definition session for a total maximum resolution of 1920p x 960p – a market first – and allows participants to view video and the presenter’s shared desktop in the same screen for the most natural virtual meeting experience yet. A beta version will be previewed today at Citrix Synergy™ Berlin, and commercial availability is planned for the first quarter of 2011, which includes Australia.
To view the demonstration on demand from Citrix Online’s Chief Technology Officer Bernd Christiansen, visit http://www.citrix.com/tv/#videos/2810.
“When customers say they want video capabilities combined with web conferencing, they don’t mean tiny choppy images – but that’s what they currently get with the products on the market today,” said Christiansen. “What they actually want is to see the details in others’ facial expressions just like in a face-to-face meeting or training session. That’s why it was so important to us to incorporate high-resolution video into our collaboration products. I’m confident that we’re the first to combine web and video conferencing the right way and – most importantly – to make it delightful for customers to use.”
“We’ve made it so easy and natural to work on a shared document in a video conference that I can’t imagine why any businessperson would ever want to use a standalone desktop video conferencing solution again,” Christiansen added.
HDFaces is based on technology from Citrix Online Germany GmbH, formerly VidSoft GmbH. The Dresden, Germany-based video conferencing provider, which was recently acquired by Citrix Systems, provides high quality technology that delivers a superior user experience at any bandwidth. This approach complements Citrix Online’s easy-to-use, customer-centric approach to collaboration products.
Key features of HDFaces will include:
- Multistream HD™ technology, the highest resolution video conferencing quality available on the market among web conferencing providers: up to six streams at a resolution of 640p x 480p each, for a total maximum resolution of 1920p x 960p.
- A video conferencing viewer that is integrated into the content screen so attendees can collaborate on shared content and see each other at the same time without the need to switch between the two.
- One-click web, audio and video conferencing.
- Video optimisation that automatically adjusts to perfectly fit the hardware and network each participant is using when video, audio or screen sharing are in use.
- A resizable viewer and layouts, which can be adapted to numerous monitor and projection configurations.
- No specific or proprietary hardware configuration: any HD-capable video conferencing viewer will be able to support HDFaces.
- No additional cost: Video integration will be included as standard in GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and GoToTraining.
“Video conferencing is becoming an integral part of natural, casual communication and collaboration – and this is only set to rise. Adoption of video is predicted to increase in Australia and Asia-Pacific, with Wainhouse Research predicting the video conferencing market to be worth over USD70 million by 2014,” said H.R. Shiever, Managing Director for Citrix Online, Asia Pacific. “In the Australian business landscape, distance and travel will become a thing of the past as businesses look to find new ways to communicate easily and cost effectively. Our ‘simpler-is-better’ approach will see a seamless integration of video as part of web collaboration – users will have a richer and more engaging experience that will make their meetings more compelling and productive.”
Roopam Jain, principal analyst, Frost & Sullivan’s North America Information & Communications Technologies Practice, added: “Citrix Online’s core strengths have always been easy-to-use and affordable products. With the introduction of video conferencing, including high resolution, one-click video and simple controls, the company maintains its ease of deployment and use, which are increasingly important in a market moving beyond a niche status. Simplicity has been a key differentiator for Citrix and is sure to enhance its market momentum in web and video conferencing.”
- GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar Raise Citrix Online to #2 in Global Web Conferencing Market
- Citrix Online Rated Best Overall Web Conferencing Experience by Users, Again, According to Wainhouse Research
- New Integrated Toll-Free Audio Now Available for Citrix® GoToTraining®
- Twitter: @GoToMeeting, @GoToWebinar, @GoToTraining, @Citrix_Synergy and #CitrixSynergy
Citrix Online’s GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar collaboration services are among the fastest growing products in the company’s history, due to their ability to provide an easy-to-use, secure, cost-effective and fast way to meet, demonstrate products and collaborate online. With the addition of GoToTraining earlier this year – an easy-to-use, affordable solution for online corporate training – businesses now have a full suite of collaborative tools for their online meeting, webinar and training needs.
For more information on Citrix Online’s services, visit http://www.citrixonline.com/.