Melbourne, Australia: The launch of Bank of Melbourne’s new iPad app will set a new benchmark for customer-driven innovation and ease-of-use in mobile banking. The app will allow Bank of Melbourne customers to be the first in Australia to:
- Communicate with the bank via their Twitter account and view the bank’s latest announcements and special offers via the public Twitter feed;
- Make overseas transfers via their mobile devices;
- Search for the best savings, cheque or term deposit account and open it online in real-time; and
- Select a mortgage and enquire online 24/7.
Bank of Melbourne Chief Executive, Scott Tanner, said the new app is the start of a new era of customer service integration in mobile banking, and is the result of listening to customers and delivering on their needs.
“Customers want to have greater choice in how they bank with us and Bank of Melbourne is committed to delivering innovative products and services to provide this. Our latest app is the best in the market and gives our customers ease and convenience to bank with us wherever they are and whenever they want.”
“We’ve developed an app that not only provides banking solutions but also allows our customers to interact with us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via Twitter. Customers can ask questions, and gain access to information on products and services in their own time,” Mr Tanner said.
Bank of Melbourne’s Chief Information Officer, Dhiren Kulkarni, said the latest enhancements were a result of customer feedback and the team’s desire to consistently provide customers with an exceptional online banking experience.
“Our new iPad app features a clean, modern and intuitive design which we built from the ground up with touch screens in mind. We believe ours is the most user-friendly app on the market and is the culmination of listening closely to our customers and delivering on their mobile banking needs as they evolve,” Mr Kulkarni said.
The Bank of Melbourne app will also give customers access to the most popular features of internet banking:
- Check account balances, transfer funds, pay bills, view interest earned, schedule payments up to 24 months in advance and more.
- Add BPAY billers and payees within the app without the need to visit internet banking first.
- View a summary of the last two years’ interest charges across all accounts – perfect for tax time.
- Calculate and convert foreign currency.
- Calculate savings and compare accounts.
- View last 30 days of account history and information such as interest rates and next loan repayment date.
- View handy contact details.
- Locate the nearest Bank of Melbourne ATM or branch.