The Best Just Got Better with the All-New, 2 IN x 4 OUT USB Audio Interface for Mac
Santa Monica, CA, March 30, 2011- Meet Duet 2, by Apogee Electronics, the next generation of the world’s most popular and respected portable recording interface.
Duet 2 is built upon 25 years of Apogee Research and Development. Using cutting-edge components and a state-of-the-art user interface, Duet 2 is the most advanced portable recording design available. A full-color OLED display is only the beginning. Duet 2 features balanced outputs, independent speaker and headphone outputs, configurable touch pads and what many thought impossible, improved sound quality. Duet 2 can record from sampling rates of 44.1 to 192kHz.
Duet 2 is based upon the unprecedented research which made Apogee’s flagship interface, Symphony I/O, a reality and the finest I/O in the world. Duet 2 with USB connectivity features extremely low latency, higher sampling rates and incredible sound quality.
No matter where your creativity takes you, Duet 2 is the best solution for recording music to a Mac. With a new breakout cable design and optional breakout box, Duet 2 is even more streamlined than the original. Duet 2 will transform your Mac into a professional recording studio. World-class microphones are completely at home, sounding absolutely amazing when connected to Duet 2‘s Mic-Pres. When it’s time to mix, Duet 2’s output quality lets you hear your recordings with incredible detail as you put the finishing touches on your musical projects like a pro. Duet 2 sounds so amazing, you won’t want to listen to your iTunes library without it.
“We are very excited to announce Duet 2,” says Apogee CEO and Co-Founder Betty Bennett. “Apogee’s Duet completely changed personal recording and Duet 2 continues in the same tradition which is so central to Apogee; elegant design and amazing sound.”
Duet 2 Highlights
- Completely redesigned mic preamps and converters
- 4 outputs, Independent speaker and headphone outs
- Balanced outputs
- USB 2.0 high speed connectivity
- 24-bit/192kHz recording
- Full color OLED display
- Configurable touch pads
- Maestro 2 software
- Breakout box (sold separately)
- Redesigned Breakout Cable
- Soft Limit
Features & Specs
- USB 2.0 Mac audio interface
- 2 Combination Line/Mic/Instrument inputs
- 2 Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level
- 1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
- 2 Microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
- A/D and D/A Conversion at 24-bit/192kHz
- Top panel high resolution OLED display
- Multi-function controller knob
- Two assignable top panel touch pads:
- Mute speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Assign headphone to outputs 1-2,3-4 or low latency mixer
- Dim speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Sum to mono speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Selectable 48v phantom power, Soft Limit and phase invert
Availability: April 2011
To learn more about Duet 2, please visit the Apogee website
About Apogee Electronics
For more than twenty five years, artists, producers, and engineers have trusted Apogee for their digital audio solutions. The simple secret: Apogee engineering carefully designs each converter based on a commitment to the integration of the best analog and digital technologies available.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
+1 (310) 584-9394 x446