Users spot broken links, graphics bugs and other issues in iTunes 11

Ashleigh Allsopp
3 December, 2012

After a month-long delay, Apple finally released iTunes 11 on Friday, and despite the company taking “a little extra time to get it right,” users have been reporting several bugs in the redesigned media player software already.

TAUW’s Erica Sadun reports that she was directed to “page not found” on Apple’s website when she clicked on the iTunes Tutorials button to watch one of the new video overviews. We were redirected to Apple’s ordinary iTunes page.

Other bugs also noted in the report include problems with showing and hiding sidebars and toggling between genres, an issue that causes all content to show up as “new” and “unwatched,” strange behaviour occurring on a dual screen Windows 7 PC, some peculiar graphical glitches, and more.

Have you spotted any iTunes 11 bugs yet? If you do come across any, you can inform Apple about it through the iTunes Feedback form so that the company can get to work fixing them.

To find out more about iTunes 11, which has a completely redesigned interface and new iCloud sharing features, check out ours hands on review.

8 people were compelled to have their say. We encourage you to do the same..

1. Bob says:

Play Counts and Last Played does not update — rendering my Smart Playlists useless. I am not the only one having this problem. Some have found a work-around by unchecking Crossfade, but that didn’t work for me.

2. Greg Tobin says:

Is it just me or are there less Samples in iBooks now?

3. Graeme says:

Definitely not updating to itunes 11 for a while, I haven’t seen any where that it will work with Ios 5 ( and there’s no way I’m making that step for a while – if ever). Reports like this just make me more wary.
    Apple seems to have lost the plot. It’s only commercial advantage is “it just works”. if it doesn’t, then that’s a major problem.

4. Alan Gibson says:

Are we talking iTunes on (broken)Windows or on a Mac?? I have a mac are i am having no problems, great improvement.

5. Alan Gibson says:

Are these problems using windows or mac? I’m a mac user and have had no problems, great improvement

6. JoshC says:

The only problems I’ve had were syncing issues with my iPod and iTunes. EVERY time I try to sync (automatically or manually) at some point I always get an error message saying something, either song or video (it’s different every time)won’t sync right and it stops the whole syncing process. Then the “cancelling sync” process is never ending and whenever I try to exit out of iTunes it freezes up…. I love the new layout though…. But if I can’t even put stuff on my iPod what’s the point?

7. Geoff Lavery says:

iTunes Ver. 11 has clipped many of my music tracks – up to 60% of some tracks is missing. In one case, I have 3 seconds of the original track which was a few minutes. Did no-one check that the new version functioned correctly before it was released? Disappointing

8. chris says:

I quickly decided to give up on itunes 11 and downgraded back to 10.7, with the only problem being that I temporarily have no access to purchased content from the itunes store.. maybe when they restore column views and fix the problems, I’ll upgrade and be able to make purchases again and access what I’ve bought.