Improved with over 50 feature enhancements, Quark says the software streamlines the design process and improves the design experience.
“This has been a monumental undertaking by the development team to thoroughly modernise QuarkXPress in terms of the application environment, architecture, user interface, and graphics engine,” said Quark Chief Technology Officer Dave White. “We’re excited not only for this release, but also the foundation that has been put in place for future QuarkXPress features.”
Along with Quark’s new Wenon Graphics Engine and Retina display support, other distinguishing enhancements include:
- benefits of running as a native Cocoa app
- adaptive resolutions
- native understanding of image and vector files
- dynamically rendered PDFs
- updated user interface, with new palette features, page navigator, full-screen experience and a measurements palette that replaces the Modify dialogue
- built-in QR Code Creator
- support for East Asian typography
- import of pictures and hyperlinks from Microsoft Word
- improved IME support
- highlights for missing fonts
and many more, which can be seen in full here.
Pricing has yet to be announced.