iPhone 5 users notice screen flicker when using the App Store

Macworld Australia Staff
9 October, 2012

Some iPhone 5 users have reported noticing a screen flicker over the smartphone’s keyboard when using the App Store.

The bug, captured in a number of Youtube videos, has got the attention of iPhone 5 users in the Apple Support forum, with the majority of comments claiming it occurs only while typing their password in the App Store.

Users are asking Apple to issue a software update to fix the issue, however the company is yet to address the reports.

If you have noticed the flickering, let us know in the comments.

10 people were compelled to have their say. We encourage you to do the same..

1. Annelise says:

Yup I’ve seen this issue in the App Store.

2. Julian says:

Yes the rumours are true. Although very very minor on my phone, you can just see there’s a flicker.

3. Leonie Smith says:

Yup I have it, same symptoms shows up when putting my password with int the app store. I was worried to that it was hardware.

4. Leonie Smith says:

Yes I have this issue,

5. Nigel says:

I had this happen for about one second while browsing the App Store, wasn’t using keyboard. And it took up lower inch of screen. Happened just once and hasn’t happened again.

6. Antonio Lubigan says:

I have also encountered flickering screen during typing the password of Apps installation on my iphone 5. Please advice me weather this is a software issue or a hardware. I also encountered this problem in opening ebay.

7. Jesse says:

I notice it nearly every time I am required to enter my password in the App Store.

8. blankpageup says:

yah happens at app store

but also whilst videoing on some occasions

truly hope its a software issue and not hardware

9. Natalie says:

Same think happened to me, but I called AT&T and they told me to send it back as soon as possible. They have orders to exchange it for a new one if a customer reports it.

10. Musicshooter says:

I have this issue. Only in the app store when entering my password. Also I was getting pretty crappy battery life. Last friday the phone got really hot and you could almost watch the battery level draining…..
    I turned off LTE for the rest of the day and run the battery down.
    Recharged and left LTE on and am getting (touchwood) much better battery life,comparable with my iPhone 4.