Apple hype is in overdrive as the world’s biggest technology company readies for its Worldwide DevelopersConference (WWDC) on Monday, June 11 (June 12 Australian time).
Predictions and rumours are as thick as ever – some probably accurate, others just the dreams of fanboys. Some of them are:
- Mountain Lion, the next version of the Mac OS X operating system, will take much of the spotlight;
- Apple will reveal its new mobile operating system for iPads, iPhones and iPod touches – iOS 6;
- The new iPhone will be launched (probably just wishful thinking);
- Siri will make an appearance on the iPad;
- Apple will dump Google Maps for its own offering – including 3D maps.
- A slew of new Macs will be unveiled, including a Retina-screened MacBook Pro and updates to the Mac Pro, MacBook Air and iMac lines.
As always, your guess is as good as anyone’s.
Join us here at 3am AEST on Tuesday (June 12) for a live blog on the announcements.
In the meantime, check out this gallery of WWDC banners hung around around the Moscone West conference centre in San Francisco – the site of the keynote (via 9to5 Mac):
Images via 9to5Mac.