The price drop is particularly interesting given that Apple typically only adjusts prices when refreshing a line or launching new models. In this case, all the standard MacBook Pros are the same specs, but with a $50 or $100 drop in price. Apple has made one change to the line-up, however, offering a built-to-order 2.8GHz Core i7 option for its 15in and 17in MacBook Pros.
The new MacBook Pro prices are:
- 13in 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo – $1449 (previously $1499)
- 13in 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo – $1799 (previously $1899)
- 15in 2.4GHz Core i5 – $2099 (previously $2199)
- 15in 2.53GHz Core i5 – $2399 (previously $2499)
- 15in 2.66GHz Core i7 – $2699 (previously $2798)
- 17in 2.53GHz Core i5 – $2798 (previously $2899)
The upgrade from a 2.66GHz Core i7 to the the 2.8GHz chip costs $290.