Here is a tip for an issue that I recently raised on the forums and found the solution to myself, perhaps it could be of use to others. I recently noticed a rather odd issue when playing a number of albums titled ‘Greatest Hits’ released by a number of different artists (in this case by INXS, Billy Idol, ZZ Top and Guns N’ Roses).
If you go in to Music then choose Albums and scroll down to any individual album and select you’ll notice that the track listing may well show the listings for all of the ‘Greatest Hits’ albums, meaning that you cannot listen to any one of the albums individually.
Fortunately this is actually fairly easy to fix:
1. Open iTunes and select all of the tracks on the ‘Greatest Hits’ album by one of the artists that you are having problems with.
2. Right-click to get info on all of the tracks (iTunes will probably prompt to ask if you are sure you want to do this; say Yes).
3. In the box that appears next, click on the Options item.
4. Here you will be presented with a list of items, place a tick in the ‘Part of a compilation’ option and ensure that this is set to No.
5) Click OK and repeat with the other albums.
You will now find when you transfer the updated albums to your iPhone/iPod/iPad that when you select a single Greatest Hits album it will work as it should.
– Jamie Dobbs