Apple has posted a new support document for people wanting to change the country of their iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store and/or Mac App Store accounts.
To make a purchase from any of those online stores, consumers have to use the store that matches the country where they live.
But what happens if you move overseas?
Apple’s support section now details in 15 steps how to change the country listed on your iOS device – iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Tap iTunes Store, App Store or iBooks Store.
- At the bottom of the Featured page, tap Sign In.
If you’re already signed in, skip to step 5.
- Tap Use Existing Apple ID.
- Enter your Apple ID and password and tap OK.
- Tap your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID or View Account.
- Tap Country/Region.
- Tap Change Country or Region.
- Tap the Store menu and tap your country.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Agree if you agree to the terms and conditions.
- In the prompt that appears, tap Agree.
- Select a payment method and enter your payment information.
- Enter your billing address and tap Next.
The help page also details how to achieve the same result on your Mac or PC.
- Open iTunes and click iTunes Store.
- Click Sign In and enter your Apple ID.
- Click your Apple ID and select Account.
2. Click Change Country or Region.
3. Select your country from the Select a country or region menu and click Change.
4. Click Continue on the Welcome to the iTunes Store page.
6. Select “I have read and agree to these terms and conditions” if you agree.
7. Click Agree.
8. Enter your payment method.
9. Enter your billing address and click Continue.