Macworld Australia

Macworld Forums: Smb150 It Awards - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Smb150 It Awards I have been awarded (How exciting) .. What should it mean to you ?

#1 User is offline   mickyj 

• Group: Members
  • Interests:In general Computers, Servers, Networks, Software, Social Networking, Guitar, Photography

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

It has been ages since I wrote anything in these forums. It might even go back to when I last wrote Cloud articles for MacWorld Australia Magazine.

Something exciting has happened and I wanted to share it with the wider community.
I have been awarded a place in the top 150 IT people in the SMB sector, in the world. (Voted by the Public and a panel of experts)

What makes me excited is the fact I am Australian. Australia is so often overlooked and yet it is full of IT Talent.
I share the award with 149 other people, of which at least 2 others are Australian.

I think Australia needs to promote our talent to the world more. We have it all around us, in this forum and in many others.

To those who know me and voted for me, thankyou. To those who do not know me and have never heard of this award, take this home with you.
Australian's can make change, Australians are large enough in number to make a difference. We have talent that the world cannot ignore.

Anyway, as I said, this is my first post in ages. I wanted to post something that counted and I feel that this news could inspire tomorrows Austraian IT hero's. You can also stand out and do great things.

http://www.smbnation...=402&Itemid=124

http://www.prweb.com...rweb9368837.htm

#2 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Well done :41:

Good to see Aussies are as good as the rest of the world when it comes to I.T :017:
Come on 20K

Ken

#3 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers ...but am no expert .

IMAc Intel 2.9GhZ Icore i5; Ipod Classic 120GB now reconverted to Iphone5. Ipad air. Love cooking and gardening and travelling and animated discussions.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Congratulations and hope it takes you places. Thanks for sharing! :030:

View Postmickyj, on 18 April 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

It has been ages since I wrote anything in these forums. It might even go back to when I last wrote Cloud articles for MacWorld Australia Magazine.

Something exciting has happened and I wanted to share it with the wider community.
I have been awarded a place in the top 150 IT people in the SMB sector, in the world. (Voted by the Public and a panel of experts)

What makes me excited is the fact I am Australian. Australia is so often overlooked and yet it is full of IT Talent.
I share the award with 149 other people, of which at least 2 others are Australian.

I think Australia needs to promote our talent to the world more. We have it all around us, in this forum and in many others.

To those who know me and voted for me, thankyou. To those who do not know me and have never heard of this award, take this home with you.
Australian's can make change, Australians are large enough in number to make a difference. We have talent that the world cannot ignore.

Anyway, as I said, this is my first post in ages. I wanted to post something that counted and I feel that this news could inspire tomorrows Austraian IT hero's. You can also stand out and do great things.

http://www.smbnation...=402&Itemid=124

http://www.prweb.com...rweb9368837.htm

If you don't ask, there will be no answer!
Curiosity has immense benefits for all!

#4 User is offline   mickyj 

• Interests:In general Computers, Servers, Networks, Software, Social Networking, Guitar, Photography

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Thanks everyone. Yes, Aussies are just as good. I think it is cool that at least 2% of the 150 names announced are Australian.
I just watched a Webinair on the pending Gala event in LA and one of the other awardees from America mentioned an Australian.
I also note that one of the host/sponsors of the event (SMBnation) just tweeted that people are coming to the LA event from Australia.

The world is watching. This is a great turn of events as 5 years ago, genericsally Americans didn't want to admit to the existance of the world beyond their borders (unless they could get oil from that part of the world).

This is a fantastic opportunity for Australians to make a name for themselves. A time to be recognised. Showcase our talented people.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users