• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ipad Email

#1 User is offline   arcanedevice 

• Mentor
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

So who else has received their email notification from Apple in response to the ACCC undertakings?

Mine turned up a couple of hours ago, and sadly it doesn't include a small token of appreciation for those that don't want to return it for a refund... :mosking:

#2 User is offline   Some Random Bloke 

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

View Postarcanedevice, on 05 April 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

sadly it doesn't include a small token of appreciation for those that don't want to return it for a refund... :mosking:

Which will be everyone who bought one, I'll wager! I doubt Apple will get a single return unless someone's dissatisfied with some other aspect and use this as an excuse.
"I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful...

...Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

#3 User is offline   Greumach 

• Mentor
  • PipPip
  • Interests:All things mac, Celtic music and culture, Bible study, Bicycle Riding and the great outdoors.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

I got it, and there Is no way I shall be sending mine back.
Graham in Tassie

#4 User is offline   Jim 

• Cruizin
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:My Mac
    Collecting Watches
    Custom built engines
    Documentaries of the universe
    Call of Duty
    Sci Fi movies

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

Same got mine today, I just pressed delete, delete. It's a stayin with me thank you very much Apple, warts and all.
iMac 27-inch Late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7....3tb time capsule..128gig 4g wifi iPad Air...iPhone5...3rd gen Apple tv...iPod

#5 User is offline   BrianB 

• Pat a Mac
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything Apple,Technology, Photography

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

There will be very few returns if any. And besides the majority of iPads sold would be wifi models.
Favourite Fruit....An Apple!

#6 User is offline   Jim 

• Cruizin
  • PipPipPip
    Collecting Watches
    Custom built engines
    Call of Duty
    Sci Fi movies

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

I am thinking a few of the wifi only models may be getting sent back to apple as well, problems with the lack of signal or unable to maintain signal strength apparently, I have read on a couple of sites that Apple could also start a capture program for poor wifi signals on wifi only models only, not so yet for the 3G wifi models, from what i have read they are saying due to the rubber insert on 3G models maybe having some advantages, clearances with the antennas or something like that.
iMac 27-inch Late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7....3tb time capsule..128gig 4g wifi iPad Air...iPhone5...3rd gen Apple tv...iPod

#7 User is offline   klytia 

• Uncle Spam
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Racing yachts, boating in general, riding my horse, 1969 Boss 302 Mustang which i hope to own in the near future, my new iMac

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

Go the WiFi.....Posted Image
"Reality distortion field" mine is still distorted....

#8 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers ...but am no expert .

IMAc Intel 2.9GhZ Icore i5; Ipod Classic 120GB now reconverted to Iphone5. Ipad air. Love cooking and gardening and travelling and animated discussions.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

I have a WIFI only model of Ipad first generation. Would this apply to mine also? I did notice at times that the recpetion tended to drop. Especially overseas. May be the network? but it happend also at home when I use it. And do have good modem and line.

View PostJim, on 06 April 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

I am thinking a few of the wifi only models may be getting sent back to apple as well, problems with the lack of signal or unable to maintain signal strength apparently, I have read on a couple of sites that Apple could also start a capture program for poor wifi signals on wifi only models only, not so yet for the 3G wifi models, from what i have read they are saying due to the rubber insert on 3G models maybe having some advantages, clearances with the antennas or something like that.

If you don't ask, there will be no answer!
Curiosity has immense benefits for all!

#9 User is offline   Jim 

• Cruizin
  • PipPipPip
    Collecting Watches
    Custom built engines
    Call of Duty
    Sci Fi movies

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

View Postpegi, on 12 April 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

I have a WIFI only model of Ipad first generation. Would this apply to mine also? I did notice at times that the recpetion tended to drop. Especially overseas. May be the network? but it happend also at home when I use it. And do have good modem and line.

Hey Pegi,

Mmmmmm I wasn't paying much attention with the first release of the 1st gen Ipad when it came out ashamed idly to say, and not to sure of some of the issues that people may of had with the device, or its software at the time.

I am not know to be a tech savvy dude by any means,but what I'm seeing on current posts in In some places is only a minor few of the wifi devices and now funny enough some of the 3g cannot maintain a wifi connection nor is it able to regain the connection again and if so has somewhat of an extremely low signal strength.

Like anything else in manufacturing there is always a predicted failure rate.

From what you say you have experienced you should be fine, for what it's worth, Janes IPad 2 maintains a constant full signal throughout our house, however with the new iPad and our phones the signal fluctuates constantly, never looses connection thou and has no problem connecting to other networks, 3G side of it has no problems either.

If in doubt thou Pegi, next time you are in town duck into your nearest reseller or Apple store to give it a once over for peace of mind, but i am thinking you will be fine.

Cheers

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users