• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Funny Track Pad Action

#1 User is offline   pwdlover 

• Power user
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

Hi there. This might irrevocably identify me as a noddy but....... I seem to be having a weird track pad thing going on. What annoys me about this stuff is that I've only just started to notice it which means to me that, for some reason, it has only just started happening. Otherwise I'd have noticed it ages ago.

So... when I work on my laptop, I kind of use the trackpad with two hands. My right pointed finger does the sliding of the arrow around and then my left pointer finger sits on the trackpad at the bottom left corner and clicks. This is very efficient and quick. Well.... up until recently. Now, when I click, I get another menu pops up. However, if I click back in the almost centre of the trackpad, it behaves how it used to behave when I clicked in the bottom corner.

So.... why has this suddenly happened and how do I make it go back to the way it was? Is it a settings thing (I haven't changed anything) or is there a problem with the track pad?

Hoping someone has a clue what I'm on about. And is prepared to help ;)

Cheers

Jenny

#2 User is offline   Dave Bullard 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hi Jenny

The problem might be in the Trackpad preferences.

Go to System Preferences > Trackpad and click on the Point And Click tab. The second item down, Secondary Click, has a drop-down menu which, in your case, sounds as if it says Click in Bottom Left Corner. If it does, change it to Click or Tap With Two Fingers and all should be right. If not, I'm stumped!

Cheers
Dave

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users