Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sick Of Ipad Bashes Get a life

#1 User is offline   Greumach 

• Mentor
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:All things mac, Celtic music and culture, Bible study, Bicycle Riding and the great outdoors.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

Its my fault, I shouldn't read all the stupid rumors and half truths that are running around since iPad3 release.

I knew it wasn't 4G in Australia before I bought it, and I'm not really clever. But I bought it.
I heard the battery can be damaged by overcharging, wrong, I spoke to a senior Apple techie today who said that was rubbish.
Over heating? Not in my experience.

Have I missed anything?

The new iPad is a huge improvement, even from ipad2, I just love it, and I think Apple have done a mighty job in making this available to us. For the same price we get a fantastical screen, good speed, good camera, an app for everything except making a decent cup of tea...

And yet, the media, the ACCC, Samsung twats, all want to pull the product down.

Well three million sales kinda says it all.

Gotta love iPad!
Graham in Tassie

#2 User is offline   BrianB 

• Pat a Mac
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything Apple,Technology, Photography

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:09 AM

The reality is that people can bash Apple, the media can over hype a minor issue.... Etc etc

At the end of the day Apple still sells millions of iPads, and the majority of people love it.

The reason being they make beautiful products, the best on the market that no other company can replicate.

So they may make mistakes along the way such as the iPhone 4 antenna, advertising 4G when it's doesn't work in Australia, but at the end of the day overall the product is beautiful, works well and shines above any crappy Android device.

That's why they do so well and people forgive them for these few minor mistakes.

I'm just glad Apple are around and I have a choice.. Instead of being forced to purchase PCs, crappy Windows and having to use an unintuitive OS such as Android.

So if people want to bash Apple, whinge, complain... Then they have a choice... They can go and buy those inferior products.

I think that Apple have made some mistakes, and I do think that the 4G advertising is wrong and misleading, but I can forgive and forget, because overall the product is beautiful and works well.
Favourite Fruit....An Apple!

#3 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

I think apples biggest crime on the 4G thing was using the apple marketing material from the states, which was obviously all marked as 4G compatible, instead of using Australian marketing material, which should have said 3G compatible.
Come on 20K

Ken

#4 User is offline   bitingmidge 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The world and the things in it.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:05 AM

View PostKen Gracey, on 29 March 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

I think apples biggest crime on the 4G thing was using the apple marketing material from the states, which was obviously all marked as 4G compatible, instead of using Australian marketing material, which should have said 3G compatible.

Apple's biggest crime is that it treats us as second class citizens!

There can be no defence to their "4G" label here, and they know it, which is why they offered to refund purchase costs. Apple have two markets: "domestic" and international, and despite that undoubtable fact that "international" in everyone but us, they don't agree!

We won't have an end to this until Apple fanboys stop bashing the "Samsung twats" and so on, I think.

Having said that, I've copped a verbal pizzling because we bought an iPad and they don't have standard USB connections! I asked why that was such a deal breaker, to be told that carrying all those extra cables around was a real problem. I then pointed out to my protagonist that he (and I) have four WD portable hard drives bought at three different times, and we have three different USB fittings for them. Apparently that's OK!

Cheers,

P

#5 User is offline   Islandhead 

• Man with the big zucchini
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:IT, Mountain Biking, Gardening, Reading

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

View Postbitingmidge, on 29 March 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

We won't have an end to this until Apple fanboys stop bashing the "Samsung twats" and so on, I think.

I couldn't agree more, I own quite a few Samsung products and am a little bit offended about being labeled a twat ;)
~ Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. ~ Winston Churchill

#6 User is offline   Dylstra 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

View Postbitingmidge, on 29 March 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

Having said that, I've copped a verbal pizzling because we bought an iPad and they don't have standard USB connections! I asked why that was such a deal breaker, to be told that carrying all those extra cables around was a real problem.

Cheers,

P

Yes, that one cable is a nightmare to pack. And don't get me started on the weight!
You might not know it to look at me, but I'm pretty radical.

http://dylstra.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/Dylstra
http://dylstra.tent.is

#7 User is offline   Dylstra 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

The other criticism that really bugs me is the one about not supporting Flash. You may as well complain that the local cinema doesn't offer caveman discounts.
You might not know it to look at me, but I'm pretty radical.

http://dylstra.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/Dylstra
http://dylstra.tent.is

#8 User is offline   Greumach 

• Mentor
  • PipPip
  • Interests:All things mac, Celtic music and culture, Bible study, Bicycle Riding and the great outdoors.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostIslandhead, on 29 March 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

I couldn't agree more, I own quite a few Samsung products and am a little bit offended about being labeled a twat ;)

I was referring the Samsung themselves, you know, the people always sueing Apple. I have samsung products myself, but their phones and tablets don't come close to Apples.
Graham in Tassie

#9 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers ...but am no expert .

IMAc Intel 2.9GhZ Icore i5; Ipod Classic 120GB now reconverted to Iphone5. Ipad air. Love cooking and gardening and travelling and animated discussions.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

I really really (yes 2) have to agree with you there. The Island continent that is the inferior brother.

I have noticed also prices are always referred to in $US. This is highly offensive. As if the whole world runs on $US ...I guess it does... :rolleyes: stupid me.

View Postbitingmidge, on 29 March 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

Apple's biggest crime is that it treats us as second class citizens!

Having said that, I've copped a verbal pizzling because we bought an iPad and they don't have standard USB connections! I asked why that was such a deal breaker, to be told that carrying all those extra cables around was a real problem. I then pointed out to my protagonist that he (and I) have four WD portable hard drives bought at three different times, and we have three different USB fittings for them. Apparently that's OK!

Cheers,

P

If you don't ask, there will be no answer!
Curiosity has immense benefits for all!

#10 User is offline   Dave Bullard 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, I'm with Ken & Pete ... the minute I heard about the LTE incompatibilities I though '+4G' in the name was going to cause problems.

Of course, the handset IS 4G, which might have given Apple a false sense of being OK legally.

But they obviously accept that it's wrong. I've never seen Apple back down so fast!

Cheers
Dave

#11 User is offline   BrianB 

• Pat a Mac
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything Apple,Technology, Photography

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

This is a big mistake on Apple part. I can't believe they thought this was right.

But at the end of the day it's a great product, so there will be very few returns.
Favourite Fruit....An Apple!

#12 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

Well so far the return rate at the store my son works at is ZERO, so I am guessing most people are not overly bothered by the 4G statement.
Come on 20K

Ken

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users