• You cannot reply to this topic

Ipad V3 First Impressions

#1 User is offline   Dave Bullard 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hi all

Just got the iPad delivered ... after the truck was involved in a minor collision just outside!

First thoughts are (and nothing new here) that it looks just like the old one and the screen is bloomin' fantastic. You can blow screens up as far as they'll go, with minimal, if no, pixellation.

Because it's a bit thicker than the 2 though less than a millimetre I've tried it out with a number of cases and it fits every one so far. So it looks like you can keep most, if not all, of your iPad 2 accessories. Not sure about super-fitted shall cases yet.

Cheers
Dave

#2 User is offline   Greumach 

• Mentor
  • PipPip
  • Interests:All things mac, Celtic music and culture, Bible study, Bicycle Riding and the great outdoors.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

Thanks for that, can't wait for mine.
Did you notice the speed difference?
Graham in Tassie

#3 User is offline   arcanedevice 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostDave Bullard, on 16 March 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

the screen is bloomin' fantastic.

Yep, putting it side by side with the original iPad is just amazing.

So it looks like you can keep most, if not all, of your iPad 2 accessories.

Yep, works well with the original iPad keyboard, and don't appear to have any issues with the camera connector either...

#4 User is offline   Vulch 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

Yep mine just got delivered also. Don't you just love opening new Apple product boxes! Closest thing to Xmas for an adult.

I'm upgrading from iPad 1, so I notice the sleekness and less weight of the new one. And the screen, wow, nice. Just charging and syncing my stuff to it now.

Got $200 a week ago at 'Regadget' for my 16GB WiFi iPad 1 (I was iPad-less for a week). Happy about that! Another reason to buy Apple products, they hold their value amazingly. Be quick though, I see today it is already down to $180 for that model with them.

Vulch

#5 User is offline   BrianB 

• Pat a Mac
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything Apple,Technology, Photography

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

I checked out the New iPad today, and I have to say if you have an iPad 2, it's a little underwhelming.

If you are going from an iPad 1 to the New iPad then that would be amazing, but going from a 2 to a 3, the only real benefit is the screen... Which does look incredible.

What I'm hanging out for is the next iPhone!
Favourite Fruit....An Apple!

#6 User is offline   klytia 

• Uncle Spam
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Racing yachts, boating in general, riding my horse, 1969 Boss 302 Mustang which i hope to own in the near future, my new iMac

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

I love my new iPad Ken, the display is the best screen display in the world, without a doubt. I might have been in trouble for 1/2 an hour but a small present to Lisa at the sametime sorted that out. The new games designed for the retina display are worth the purchase just to marvel at the crisp edges and speedy graphics.
Ken (iPad 3rd gen) is power hungry, it gets hot, these are the only two differences I have found since my purchase.
I also have managed to sell off my iPad 2, 32 gb, white, for $400.00 so that leaves some cash spare for the new iMac 27", no little bag for that one, will start the process of "psychological enhanced need" (I need a new Apple product) to my good wife Lisa now, this will lessen the shock at delivery time.
A happy Apple customer.....yet again, Apple have failed to disappoint.........Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"Reality distortion field" mine is still distorted....

#7 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

I had dinner with friends last night, who both had just bought iPad 3s and they drove me nuts with how amazing they are, now i am not against the iPad 3, its just the more they raved about it the more my wife wants one, of course she said YOU can have it and i will have your iPad 1 ( yeah right like i believe that) NOT.

So any way i need to shoot down to dicky smith today to get a couple of new laser cartridges for my printer, and the boss wants to come, so i am afraid very afraid of what i may come home with :(
Come on 20K

Ken

#8 User is offline   klytia 

• Uncle Spam
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Racing yachts, boating in general, riding my horse, 1969 Boss 302 Mustang which i hope to own in the near future, my new iMac

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

I bet a new iPad ("Ken" 3rd gen)
"Reality distortion field" mine is still distorted....

#9 User is offline   Some Random Bloke 

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

Simple solution to this dilemma Ken - buy two!
"I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful...

...Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

#10 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

Don't you start Alex :P
Come on 20K

Ken

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic