Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ipad Protection best skins

#1 User is offline   Greumach 

• Mentor
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:All things mac, Celtic music and culture, Bible study, Bicycle Riding and the great outdoors.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

Well I couldn't resist, I've pre-ordered iPad 3 (or whatever they call it)
I have previously used Bestskinsever.com gear, but they are in the USA. Does anyone know suppliers closer to home for screen and maybe all round protection?
cheers
Graham in Tassie

#2 User is offline   Some Random Bloke 

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

Not for something that thin... Can't cost much to ship from the States though?
"I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful...

...Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

#3 User is offline   Greumach 

• Mentor
  • PipPip
  • Interests:All things mac, Celtic music and culture, Bible study, Bicycle Riding and the great outdoors.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

no..not the most reliable suppliers
Graham in Tassie

#4 User is offline   Jim 

• Cruizin
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:My Mac
    Collecting Watches
    Custom built engines
    Documentaries of the universe
    Call of Duty
    Sci Fi movies

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:09 AM

Try before you buy, I couldn't stress this point enough after the day we had yesterday.

What started out looking for a decent book cover case for my new iPad, it practically drove me insane and forced me to arrange to met up to see a genius at the penrith store tomorrow, thinking i had a problem with the iPad.

Penrith was the only place at the time that a genius was able to meet with me due to the demand of late mind you.

So anyway, hit up every resellers in our area JB to DS to the good guys Myers and so on, I could not get any ,and I mean "any"of the book style cases to work with the magnetic on/off feature with the iPad, and yes the settings were set to on.

The new Bel kin style 3rd Gen iPad book covers were useless, dead set, we went through over15-20 brands and nothing worked with it, not only that but most of the resellers let us take every one out of their original boxes to try with my iPad.........so buy the end of the day,Janes iPad2 worked with everyone we tried, and mine didn't.

So I was quite disappointed and keen to meet a genius the next day and find out what the $@& was going on, as with a dog with a bone and wouldn't let it go, jumped in the car, screamed out to penrith to see if I could push my luck earlier and shoulder my way in to the Apple store at Penrith and line jump to see a genius a day early, Ha ha ha Wrong! Penrith store was absolutely SMASHED!.

So while we were out there in the west with the festival going on in high street, the whole place was buzzing,so we moved back inside and tried the genuine Apple flip cover and worked fine, so I'm thinking it would be a waste of time to come back and winge to a Apple genius about aftermarket covers when their own covers works fine.

By this time, I'm over it, Janes pissed off, my young bloke overdosing on red cordial and just wants to take off in a cordial fueled tantrum, so, headed off home to crawl back a wasted Saturday.

On the way out of Penrith we seen another Harvey &@$: shop and I still needed to get a case for it, so I doubled parked out the front of the shop, said to Jane can you run in and grab the same book cover that she has, which I knew didn't work as we tried hers earlier on mine, at least would give it some protection and I do like the style.

I was thinking i would just settle for setting the auto off timer on the pad and leaving all this bad calmer for another day, I got apple care, so when all things calm down for Apple I would try at a later date.

Anyway Jane comes barreling out of the shop "it works! it works!". I got out the car, your fricking kidding aren't you, it works perfectly every time, go figure.

God knows what's the differences are, if any, its the same fricken manufacture same design and it fricken works on my iPad, yet her cover doesn't on mine, nor does every other of the typical magnetic book covers that major resellers have on offer, yet Janes iPad 2 works on all of them.

It's got me baffled, at least my problem is sorted for now i suppose, but will try later with some hi end sellers or ones that at least specializes for covers for iPads.
iMac 27-inch Late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7....3tb time capsule..128gig 4g wifi iPad Air...iPhone5...3rd gen Apple tv...iPod

#5 User is offline   Greumach 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

I use the cygnet lavish earth cover, http://au.cygnett.co...sh-earth-2.html
I will use the same one for ipad3 when it arrives, always been very happy with it.
Graham in Tassie

#6 User is offline   klytia 

• Uncle Spam
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Racing yachts, boating in general, riding my horse, 1969 Boss 302 Mustang which i hope to own in the near future, my new iMac

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

Ditto, as above , I've used the same cover with Lisa's iPad 2 and mine as well.
You'll love this one Jim, but we're you putting the iPad into the cover the correct way, you do know there is right and a wrong way do you not?
I also asked the young lady who gave me a guided tour of the Apple Sydney store on Friday night what the new iPad Ken was going to be called, iPad, IPad 3, (I did say iPad Ken but I was the only one giggling). The response was iPad 3rd gen, asked if I could quote her "Donna" on that and she was somewhat reluctant to confirm. I did say I would splash it all over the forum, hence the subdued reply.
Did get the grand tour though of the Apple store Sydney, told Donna I was a country bumpkin, and had been into the store with Brian (we met there a couple of days before, like breakfast at Tiffany's, but at Apple), earlier in the week, was keen on some of the factual information on the store itself.Anyway I am not going to go off track here, we cannot be doing that anymore, keep the thread on track Mick, so I might have to start a whole new thread to let you all know the facts about the store I was told.......
Posted Image

"Reality distortion field" mine is still distorted....

#7 User is offline   Jim 

• Cruizin
  • PipPipPip
    Collecting Watches
    Custom built engines
    Call of Duty
    Sci Fi movies

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

[attachment=708:IMG_0198.JPG]

Well a least i got good taste in my covers lads, it was my choice as well. ;)

:D LOL! Mick, yes i had it the right way....... the iPad that is :4:.

Glad you enjoyed Apple store Syd Mick, you would have been in good hands with Brian i am sure, Its difficult for me not to drift so will end here as well. :blush:

Cheers fellas.
iMac 27-inch Late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7....3tb time capsule..128gig 4g wifi iPad Air...iPhone5...3rd gen Apple tv...iPod

#8 User is offline   klytia 

• Uncle Spam
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Racing yachts, boating in general, riding my horse, 1969 Boss 302 Mustang which i hope to own in the near future, my new iMac

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

Jim you been over my house????

Posted Image
"Reality distortion field" mine is still distorted....

#9 User is offline   Jim 

• Cruizin
  • PipPipPip
    Collecting Watches
    Custom built engines
    Call of Duty
    Sci Fi movies

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

The best I've seen so far for us since we have been in iPad land, not to mention very comfortable.

Its kind of strange I don't like holding the iPad naked, even with the slimmer lighter stuff out there, just feels weird for me, doesn't help either having meat hooks for fingers.

#10 User is offline   Greumach 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

Update on the skin issue, I finally got some fast service from bestskinsever.com with an apology. The full ipad3 skin in winging it's way to the Land Down Under.
I hae read a few opinions on covering the screen, especially the new HD display. Some think it's equal to blasphemy, but I like to be super careful and have good protection all round, even if it does mean compromising the bright screen.
Same with iPhone, I have a case that is totally waterproof, I could fall in the ocean with it and I would be the only thing getting wet.
When these device are a big part of your daily work life and you're a tradesman, not office worker, then I believe in good protection.

I'm selling my iPad 2 to a mate, if he removes the skin he will find a mint condition iPad under it. Which increases its value.
Graham in Tassie

#11 User is offline   golfer 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gynocology

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

Apart from a smart cover, naked for me. When out and about I carry the iPad in either an STM Jacket or a Tom Bihn Ristretto bag.

#12 User is offline   Dave Bullard 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

I have to say we never have a cover or protector of any kind on the iPad at home, but everyone has to put it back in its stand when it's not being used.

I put it in a case when it goes on the road, but that's generally a semi-rigid sleeve I got for the iPad 1 back in 2010 the WaterField Designs iPad Smart Case. I try out so many cases for work, but always end up going back to it.

Though another one I use to ring the changes is the Vintcase, a Spanish leather case we featured in touch 2.

Cheers
Dave

#13 User is offline   Jim 

• Cruizin
  • PipPipPip
    Collecting Watches
    Custom built engines
    Call of Duty
    Sci Fi movies

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostGreumach, on 18 March 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

I hae read a few opinions on covering the screen, especially the new HD display. Some think it's equal to blasphemy, but I like to be super careful and have good protection all round, even if it does mean compromising the bright screen.

When these device are a big part of your daily work life and you're a tradesman, not office worker, then I believe in good protection.

I'm selling my iPad 2 to a mate, if he removes the skin he will find a mint condition iPad under it. Which increases its value.

When we got the iPad 2 a couple of weeks ago, like the phones, screen protectors were the first thing applied before use, antiglare is what we put on both, allthough yesterday, i put a clear film on the new iPad(3), still looks sweet and can live with it fine, myself can't notice any loss to quality. We ripped the antiglare of the iPad 2 put the clear on as well and will never go back, and you still notice the massive differences between the iPad screens, visually its like chalk and cheese, its just so impressive.

View PostGreumach, on 18 March 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

Never anything wrong with that, pride in your gear and resale value a lot of the time walks hand in hand, kind of the same thinking, rather buy of a person that gives a stuff about his gear and keeps it in good nick than someone who doesn't, don't be surprised if he comes knocking next year for the one your yet to recieve.

Anyway, enjoy...... you will love it. :yahoo:

#14 User is offline   Ethan Samuel 

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

I think it depends on how you use your iPad. These are my 3 cases for how I use my iPad. For work: Bear Motion Case because it has real leather, but it doesn't cost a fortune. For the kids: Otterbox Defender Case because nothing protects iPads better. For typing: Kensington Keyboard Case because the case has the keyboard stored with it.

#15 User is offline   Greumach 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

I bought my wife the new new new iPad, the store sold us some screens protectors and they were rubbish
https://www.dropbox....%2014.12.26.jpg

I've ordered some from Bestskinsever
Graham in Tassie

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users