Macworld Australia

Macworld Forums: Last Post - Macworld Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Last Post Out with the old and in with the new.

#1 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

Well Boys and Girls, you may have noticed a calmness has come over the forums the last few days, hasn't it been lovely. :mosking: (oops that slipped out)

Well the peace, love & good will, is about to continue, after 7 years and 12000 odd posts, (In which I have had digs at everybody), from old men, to greeks, cricket lovers. tasmanians, bald headed buggers, and apple lovers and loathers, plus a ripper blue with dylstra :P

O and of course I helped the odd mac user or 3 along the way.

Its time to hand the reins of mayhem & madness onto a more friendly peace loving bunch of people. So effectively immediately I will be asking one of the other admins, to remove my Admin privileges, and this will be my last post on the forums ( Stop that Cheering) sheesh I haven't even logged off yet :angry:

I think its time, this place has some new blood, rather than this cranky old bugger, posting up crap everyday.

The forums are still a great source of information and always will be , for people who know nothing about macs, and even for people who know a lot, I hope without me here, the forums will stay on topic, for once, and this will hopefully, encourage more people to post up questions,

and be able to find answers easier, which out wadding through a lot of dribble.

Lastly thanks everybody for making this place, so much fun over the last 7 odd years, you are all wonderful, and I have made some true long lasting friends from here, that i will never forget.

Bye :italiamac_ciao:
Come on 20K

Ken

#2 User is offline   JZ 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests: Apple Inc.
    Sony
    Nintendo
    Pixar
    Star Wars
    Superman
    Reading
    Food - Cooking
    Photography
    Design
    Great Coffee

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

ok TL well i'll happy to delete your privilegesPosted Image

no really it has been an epic fete reaching 12,000 odd posts, hope we still stay in contact via iMessage as we have been lately.

i'll miss our titanic battles

see you mate.

jz
jz
"It's more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy" - Steve Jobs

#3 User is offline   Islandhead 

• Man with the big zucchini
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:IT, Mountain Biking, Gardening, Reading

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

It's a sorry day and I hope you reconsider but if you don't then so long and fare ye well.
~ Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. ~ Winston Churchill

#4 User is online   BrianB 

• Pat a Mac
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything Apple,Technology, Photography

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

I'm sorry to hear you've decided to leave the forums.

12,000+ posts is incredible.

You will be missed.

BB
Favourite Fruit....An Apple!

#5 User is offline   klytia 

• Uncle Spam
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Racing yachts, boating in general, riding my horse, 1969 Boss 302 Mustang which i hope to own in the near future, my new iMac

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

Yeah Ken, what are you thinking, your needed here, now have a few weeks off and come back......

I will ring you every day in two weeks time, just to remind you

when all is wrong there is light at the end of the tunnel, i know I have been in enough of them.....:mosking:
"Reality distortion field" mine is still distorted....

#6 User is offline   Dave Bullard 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

What if we REFUSE to rvoke your admin status?! :blink:

Fair enough, and thanks a lot for your help, mate. As I said on the phone today, come back anytime!

Cheers
Dave

#7 User is offline   Ellis 

• Power user
  • Pip

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

Sorry to hear you are leaving. Thank you for all the sharing of information you have done.

#8 User is offline   Some Random Bloke 

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

Bugger
"I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful...

...Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

#9 User is offline   Islandhead 

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

It seems strange that you would just quit at this time Ken. You don't seem the type to just let it go. I do love a conspiracy... But this doesn't sit right at all
~ Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. ~ Winston Churchill

#10 User is offline   Jim 

• Cruizin
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:My Mac
    Collecting Watches
    Custom built engines
    Documentaries of the universe
    Call of Duty
    Sci Fi movies

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Frickin hell :(

Can my day get any worse, I dunno what's going on, but anyway,thanks for the help along the way.
iMac 27-inch Late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7....3tb time capsule..128gig 4g wifi iPad Air...iPhone5...3rd gen Apple tv...iPod

#11 User is offline   Islandhead 

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

And the two other "admins" just say yeah see you later thanks for all fish?! This doesn't smell right

#12 User is offline   klytia 

• Uncle Spam
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Racing yachts, boating in general, riding my horse, 1969 Boss 302 Mustang which i hope to own in the near future, my new iMac

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

No fish here brother......

#13 User is offline   Islandhead 

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

Lol, you're not the fishy dude Mick, fun and zany (love that word, harkens back to a simpler time) but not fishy

#14 User is offline   Jim 

• Cruizin
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:My Mac
    Collecting Watches
    Custom built engines
    Documentaries of the universe
    Call of Duty
    Sci Fi movies

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

Yea to right headman something's is wrong, doesn't look right at all to me either.

Irrespective of the bull $&@T that maybe going on, and I do say maybe, i hope Kens decision is one of a tempory one.

Mick! Hassle the hell out him if you have is phone number for the rest of us who don't, and I mean in a positive way, get him back if you think it's possible.

Fairdinkum I don't get this crap, before I get smashed by everyone, I respect the mans decision for what ever reason, but it sux, and this place has become a smaller place because of it, and that sux big time, well it does for me anyway.

One legacy of Kens of presence in here is a few of his hand picked administrators, I hope and want to see, like I am sure other members would want, "please stay"
iMac 27-inch Late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7....3tb time capsule..128gig 4g wifi iPad Air...iPhone5...3rd gen Apple tv...iPod

#15 User is offline   klytia 

• Uncle Spam
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

He gets a week off, maybe two, then I will irritate him so he returns, (Hopefully), gotta run, it's Sydney this week, traffic is slightly different than the odd road train you have to pass..:yahoo:

#16 User is online   BrianB 

• Pat a Mac
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

There's nothing fishy going on guys. Ken told us via text before this post that he had decided to leave, hence our responses are just straight to the point.

I also don't understand how someone can say they are resigning from a forum to never post again.

He told me its taking up too much of his time and he's less stressed when he's not writing on here.

I don't know how a forum can be stressful and take up too much time.

But each to their own.

We're all still here, so let's keep it going.

I know you're reading this Ken and itching to respond...:)

#17 User is offline   golfer 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gynocology

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

If you all keep stoking his ego he'll pick up his dummy and stick it back in his mouth and carry on. He's been smashed in other forums over the years and this is the only place that will put up with him! Trust me, he won't be able to stay quiet, he'll be back. :)

#18 User is online   BrianB 

• Pat a Mac
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

I agree Golfer. We're the only lot that have put up with him....:)

#19 User is offline   Some Random Bloke 

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

I hope so, but he is on the road a lot and said on Twitter what's been said here about stress. Maybe it's just time for him to hang up his keyboard. But I hope not.
"I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful...

...Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

#20 User is offline   Dylstra 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Let me tell you a story about a forum forged in blood.

Back very early on there was an argument that made what is now called "an argument" look almost unrecognisable as such.

It was heated, it was controversial, and insults were flying thick and heavy.

On one side was TL (and Golfer [gramsey], from memory, but he was pretty civil) and on the other was myself.

Now while I still maintain that I was right :4: I was reasonably new to the whole "forum experience" and probably came across as insufferable (as I'm sure I did in an earlier controversy with MJCP). The topic was very heated and I wasn't the only person who was insufferable. TL and I were going head-to-head and neither of us was going to back down. Sound familiar? :)

The argument dragged on for a couple of weeks and got to the point where I rang Niche to discuss it (at Niche's invite). After which I decided that there was nothing more to be achieved and decided to take some cooling-off time.

On a Saturday shortly thereafter (could have been days, could have been weeks, I can't remember), I had a malfunctioning G4 iMac. I posted to the forum for help.

Now, everybody--myself included-- would not have thought anything of it if nobody had popped up to help. People have better things to do on their weekends after all.

But who should pop up other than my (at that point) mortal enemy, Ken. TL spent his whole Saturday helping diagnose my broken G4.

And that's how I discovered his true value. And why to this day I still find it hard to hear anything said against him. Sure he is an opinionated stirrer, but he is also the first person to help out someone in need.

Since the beginning of this forum, Ken has been the driving force, starting innumerable threads, and posting to just about all of the others.

And of course, Ken has ALWAYS been the first one to help.

Come on, say it with me now, "Zap the PRAM!"
You might not know it to look at me, but I'm pretty radical.

http://dylstra.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/Dylstra
http://dylstra.tent.is

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users