• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Safari Feature Did you know?

#1 User is offline   Some Random Bloke 

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

I like to run a number of apps in fullscreen mode on Lion, including Safari. I've 'accidentally' discovered that if you grab one edge of the screen with the cursor and pull towards the middle, Safari resizes the window (on both sides) while remaining full screen. Is this just one I missed or an unpublished feature?
"I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful...

...Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

#2 User is offline   bitingmidge 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The world and the things in it.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

With a 13" screen everything is almost in full screen mode anyway! :rolleyes:

One thing I often do when browsing is drag text clippings and photos to the desktop, for all sorts of reasons, working in full screen mode sure makes that a bit of a challenge!

Out of curiosity, why do you prefer full screen mode? It seems to be something that PC "switchers" can't live without for some reason, my response to them is always along the lines of "if they can't live with an inch of clutter at the side of their application window, how do they get on with their real desk?"

Please enlighten me!

Cheers

P (champion desktop clutterer)

#3 User is offline   Some Random Bloke 

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

I switch out of full screen mode if I need to drag something between apps or onto the desktop. I just like the lack of clutter. Don't use it on every app though.
"I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful...

...Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users