Macworld Australia

Macworld Forums: Hitachi 2.5. Sata Drive Into External Case - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hitachi 2.5. Sata Drive Into External Case What do I do about the 4 protrusions?

#1 User is offline   nickson 

• Group: Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

I recently replaced the 160GB hard drive in my daughter's 13" mid 2009 MacBook Pro with a 500GB drive. There was nothing wrong with the old drive, just not big enough. The transition was reasonably smooth, just one glitch with Time Machine restoring, this resulted in her photos getting a bit stuffed up.

In order to retrieve the photos I purchased an external case so put the old drive in and get the photos that way. One small problem, the Hitachi drive I took out of her MBP has 4 small sticky out thingys (sorry for the technical jargon) and I'm not too sure if these can be removed or if I have to find a different case to allow for these protrusions. Can someone help me with this please?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   nickson 

• Group: Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

View Postnickson, on 27 February 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

I recently replaced the 160GB hard drive in my daughter's 13" mid 2009 MacBook Pro with a 500GB drive. There was nothing wrong with the old drive, just not big enough. The transition was reasonably smooth, just one glitch with Time Machine restoring, this resulted in her photos getting a bit stuffed up.

In order to retrieve the photos I purchased an external case so put the old drive in and get the photos that way. One small problem, the Hitachi drive I took out of her MBP has 4 small sticky out thingys (sorry for the technical jargon) and I'm not too sure if these can be removed or if I have to find a different case to allow for these protrusions. Can someone help me with this please?

Thanks

Just found out that they are actually mounting screws, necessary for the MBP but not for the external case I bought for it. All I've got to do now is find a screw undoing type implement that will fit. It looks like it needs the smallest Allen key ever invented.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users