• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is This The Next Ipad? Images leak, clues to iPad 3

#1 User is offline   gracer 

• Assistant Editor
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Cinema, soapboxing, writing, reading, coffee.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

Another day, another iPad rumour it seems. Only this time, the speculation is fast gathering pace across Apple-focused websites, including our own.

Here is a post I've put up this morning, showing images that are alleged to be of the iPad 3.

What a lot of reports are now saying is that the photos reveal an 8-megapixel camera - possibly the same used in Apple's 4S.

What do you guys think? Is it all hearsay?

And who's going to buy one? Hopefully the release could be as soon as next month...

G

#2 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers ...but am no expert .

IMAc Intel 2.9GhZ Icore i5; Ipod Classic 120GB now reconverted to Iphone5. Ipad air. Love cooking and gardening and travelling and animated discussions.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

Saw the photos of the pseudo Ipad 3....In my opinion you should ask Kevin Rudd to to translate it, :unsure: so that we shall be sure. Make sure he does not get too angry :angry:

It can also be tricked photos...

I think it is too soon for a new one.

PG

View Postgracer, on 20 February 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

Another day, another iPad rumour it seems. Only this time, the speculation is fast gathering pace across Apple-focused websites, including our own.

Here is a post I've put up this morning, showing images that are alleged to be of the iPad 3.

What a lot of reports are now saying is that the photos reveal an 8-megapixel camera - possibly the same used in Apple's 4S.

What do you guys think? Is it all hearsay?

And who's going to buy one? Hopefully the release could be as soon as next month...

G

If you don't ask, there will be no answer!
Curiosity has immense benefits for all!

#3 User is offline   arcanedevice 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

View Postgracer, on 20 February 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

Me - I'm developing a trend of skipping a release with my Apple products so the iPad3 will definitely be on my shopping list.

#4 User is offline   gracer 

• Assistant Editor
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

That seems to be an increasingly popular pattern. I guess because we can't all buy the latest iteration of every gadget, so grabbing 'every other' is the best solution. That's what I do, but also it's crazy to to buy something simply because it's the latest. A lot of my friends still have the 3G iPhone and they all say it's held up like an absolute trooper.

I bought my iPhone 4 well over a year ago and it looks and performs as if it were brand new. If an iPhone 5 came out tomorrow, I'd only buy it because I couldn't bear not to be the one without it! And I'm not sure I could justify that...

Oh Pegi, if only I had Rudd on speed dial we could get the English transcript up here, stat!

G

#5 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

I am a sucker for buying every new apple iOS devise, and I buy every second release iMac, as I find the updates between iMacs are less compelling, as far as new features and speed increase go.
Come on 20K

Ken

#6 User is offline   JZ 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests: Apple Inc.
    Sony
    Nintendo
    Pixar
    Star Wars
    Superman
    Reading
    Food - Cooking
    Photography
    Design
    Great Coffee

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

iPad 3 (or iPad HD) will definitely be on my birthday list
jz
"It's more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy" - Steve Jobs

#7 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

IMAc Intel 2.9GhZ Icore i5; Ipod Classic 120GB now reconverted to Iphone5. Ipad air. Love cooking and gardening and travelling and animated discussions.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

You know what ...even after my saga with my Iphone 4 (which I sold) and I did buy a NOKIA to everyone disbelief... :mosking: I think...I might go back to Apple Iphone 5 after all my renting about it. I did say I MIGHT. But will have to check my bank balance before of course.

View Postgracer, on 20 February 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

That seems to be an increasingly popular pattern. I guess because we can't all buy the latest iteration of every gadget, so grabbing 'every other' is the best solution. That's what I do, but also it's crazy to to buy something simply because it's the latest. A lot of my friends still have the 3G iPhone and they all say it's held up like an absolute trooper.

I bought my iPhone 4 well over a year ago and it looks and performs as if it were brand new. If an iPhone 5 came out tomorrow, I'd only buy it because I couldn't bear not to be the one without it! And I'm not sure I could justify that...

Oh Pegi, if only I had Rudd on speed dial we could get the English transcript up here, stat!

G

#8 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

Wash your mouth out with omo washing powered Peri, you going back to iPhone after you picked on the last one :P

That's like me having to swallow my pride after buying an android phone, and having to go out 4 days later and buying another iPhone 4s. :D
Come on 20K

Ken

#9 User is offline   BrianB 

• Pat a Mac
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything Apple,Technology, Photography

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Well I would love to be able to upgrade each and every year, but economically it's not feasible.

I have been told that I will get an iPad 3 at work... So I'll be happy.

I really want the iPhone 5 over the iPad 3... I wish that was coming out first.
Favourite Fruit....An Apple!

#10 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

Yea...Ken I know I would suggest bleach rather than OMO. It is more potent.

I pick on everything Ken. If it were only IPhone you'd be surprised. Yes, I know what you are going to say....Poor husband! is that it? Say it, c'mon. It is not loud enough. Can't hear it!

But the NOKIA has been given me the Creeps lately. I do have a love /hate relationship with Iphone and Nokia. Between the 2 my heart sinks and I don't know which one? I guess I would have to play heads or tails....I guess that is it playing with money.

Off to lunch and this time it is Rice and braised beef in oyster sauce...I can smell the rice wafting to my study ( not take away) I cooked /simmered the beef last night.

View PostKen Gracey, on 20 February 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

Wash your mouth out with omo washing powered Peri, you going back to iPhone after you picked on the last one :P

That's like me having to swallow my pride after buying an android phone, and having to go out 4 days later and buying another iPhone 4s. :D

#11 User is offline   gracer 

• Assistant Editor
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

And I'm officially hungry! My first three phones were Nokia Models Pegi, though to be honest since the iPhone revolution, I don't know much about their products on the market today.

I DO know that my worst experience in life was related to a phone - the BlackBerry. The day I bought one was the day I first discovered migraines.

I'm really wanting a third-gen iPad too. Hurry up Apple.....

#12 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

Pegi I will make it easy for you... Don't buy an android based phone, or if you do...after an hour you would be excited about using two tin cans, and a piece of string, no I take that back, using an android phone is just like using two cans and a piece of string.
Come on 20K

Ken

#13 User is offline   JZ 

• PipPipPipPip
    Sony
    Nintendo
    Pixar
    Star Wars
    Superman
    Reading
    Food - Cooking
    Photography
    Design
    Great Coffee

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

I could have told you that before you wasted the best part of $800 TL

jz
jz

#14 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

Well I think if you are a true mate JZ, you would say here mate have your $796 back, and just chalk it up to experience :D
Come on 20K

Ken

#15 User is offline   JZ 

• PipPipPipPip
    Sony
    Nintendo
    Pixar
    Star Wars
    Superman
    Reading
    Food - Cooking
    Photography
    Design
    Great Coffee

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

Sorry I'm saving for an iPad 3 :D

jz
jz

#16 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

There I totally agree Ken. I am not going for android that is is final. HTC not my cup of tea.*

I think I am going to save and wait for the Iphone5. What do you think. I am not going to buy your Samsung Ken. Choices are getting smaller and narrowed. That is good.

View PostKen Gracey, on 21 February 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

Pegi I will make it easy for you... Don't buy an android based phone, or if you do...after an hour you would be excited about using two tin cans, and a piece of string, no I take that back, using an android phone is just like using two cans and a piece of string.

#17 User is offline   BrianB 

• Pat a Mac
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything Apple,Technology, Photography

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

So what have you done with the phone Ken??

I bet you're secretly you're using it and loving it...:)
Favourite Fruit....An Apple!

#18 User is offline   yabbietol 

• Interests:Enjoying life while teaching and working as a volunteer Fire Fighter

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

Thinking about iPad 3 or new MacBook air or pro, I seem to be using my wife's iPad 2 more than my 5 yr old white MacBook.

Any good ideas when iPad 3 will appear here. Macrumours buying guide clearly tells me not to buy as iPad 2 is soon to be replaced.

#19 User is offline   Some Random Bloke 

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

View Postyabbietol, on 23 February 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

Thinking about iPad 3 or new MacBook air or pro, I seem to be using my wife's iPad 2 more than my 5 yr old white MacBook.

Any good ideas when iPad 3 will appear here. Macrumours buying guide clearly tells me not to buy as iPad 2 is soon to be replaced.

The rumour mill is saying an early March announcement, which is a realistic possibility. I'd hold off. Most likely it will have a better camera (if that's an issue for you - better front facing camera is more useful), and higher resolution screen. Probably Siri, again if that's an issue for you. It could have some whiz bang feature we don't know about, though.
"I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful...

...Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

#20 User is offline   yabbietol 

• Interests:Enjoying life while teaching and working as a volunteer Fire Fighter

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:54 AM

Thanks I will wait till mid to late March and see what happens. Do you think iPad 3 will have a native HDMI port?
Don ' t care about Siri, but better resolution screen would be great ( maybe Retina?)

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users