Star Wars
    Superman
    Reading
    Food - Cooking
    Photography
    Design
    Great Coffee

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:11 AM

mine gets delivered to my parents house and apparently it turned up yesterday - so i'll be picking mine up todayPosted Image

jz
jz
"It's more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy" - Steve Jobs

#62 User is offline   BrianB 

• Pat a Mac
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Everything Apple,Technology, Photography

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

Got notified from Zinio 2 days ago that my digital subscription is ready to download.

I think the service is fine!
Favourite Fruit....An Apple!

#63 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

I picked mine up from the newsagents this afternoon, another great edition.

O and zinio sucks :D
Come on 20K

Ken

#64 User is offline   BrianB 

• Pat a Mac
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything Apple,Technology, Photography

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:22 AM

Well Zinio has been working well for me so far.
Favourite Fruit....An Apple!

#65 User is offline   yabbietol 

• Interests:Enjoying life while teaching and working as a volunteer Fire Fighter

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

I have my new IPad3 and thought about subscribing to Macworld in digital format. However two concerns the main one is that I could not work out how to subscribe for only 12 months. It appears if you subscribe through zinio you automatically agree to subscribe for life. Not good I will only ever buy a subscription to anything for a year or if really good 2 years. A lifetime of paying for something is not cool.
The second concern is the poor experience of the members of this forum with zinio.
Macworld how about ending the rip off automatic renewal and allowing us to buy subscriptions in digital media the way I buy my paper copy of Macworld.

#66 User is offline   Dave Bullard 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

View Postyabbietol, on 04 April 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

I have my new IPad3 and thought about subscribing to Macworld in digital format. However two concerns the main one is that I could not work out how to subscribe for only 12 months. It appears if you subscribe through zinio you automatically agree to subscribe for life. Not good I will only ever buy a subscription to anything for a year or if really good 2 years. A lifetime of paying for something is not cool.
The second concern is the poor experience of the members of this forum with zinio.
Macworld how about ending the rip off automatic renewal and allowing us to buy subscriptions in digital media the way I buy my paper copy of Macworld.

Hi yabbietol

Sorry that you feel ripped off. That's bit harsh considering there's a Sign Up For Continuous Service checkbox that you just untick if you don't want auto-renewal, and a rider that says if you do activate it " You may cancel anytime and receive a refund on undelivered issues".

Also, just going to the Macworld page on Zinio or from our website gives you the default 12-issue subscription. See below.

As for the complaints here, yes there have been a few issues but we're working with Zinio to resolve them. Hopefully all's good now ... the digital subscribers received their April issues today, the same day we appeared on newsstands.

Cheers
Dave

Attached File(s)

#67 User is offline   Greumach 

• Mentor
  • PipPip
  • Interests:All things mac, Celtic music and culture, Bible study, Bicycle Riding and the great outdoors.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

I have still yet to understand why Macworld cannot be delivered through Newsstand.
I subscribe to three other mags that way and it is such a nice way to receive them.
Graham in Tassie

#68 User is offline   yabbietol 

• Interests:Enjoying life while teaching and working as a volunteer Fire Fighter

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hell Dave
Your thumbnail does not look like zinio in my iPad app. When I approach zinio via their app. I get a choice of either registering or guest checkout. I chose guest and all I get if I hit the subscription button is a pop up that wants me to " confirm my in app purchase."
No sign of any opt out of auto renewal just a commitment for me to spend.
It would be nicer to have the button for no auto renewal before I commit to spend money. The page does say 12 issues for $59.99 ie $60 ( why the 1c insult, be honest say $60) but no indication if it is auto renewed or not. The interface you have shown me is better where do I find it?
Maybe you should look at other apps besides zinio.
Thanks Terry

#69 User is offline   yabbietol 

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Hello Dave after rereading your post I found the link on Macworld website.

Thanks Terry

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users