Macworld Australia

Macworld Forums: Apple has posted Quicktime Stream of WWDC Keynote - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Apple has posted Quicktime Stream of WWDC Keynote

#1 User is offline   gazza 

• Power guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:58 AM

Here is the link to the Keynote Stream.

gazza

EDIT: 9:06AM If you want to listen I hope you enjoy it, with my lousy rural broadband connection the Quicktime stream is only a constantly buffered "interrupted trickle!" SHEESH
Gazza

The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does!

Gary Mc - aka FarmerGaz on twitter.com/FarmerGaz

#2 User is offline   Alex Kidman 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:39 AM

I think that's a case of server interruptus myself. My connection (generally) is quite snappy today, but I can only get single Steve-words out of the keynote stream. Which is quite entertaining in a background alternative music kind of way, as it keeps missing words and making him sound quite deranged, but not terribly informative per se.

#3 User is offline   golfer 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gynocology

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (Alex Kidman @ Jun 10 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that's a case of server interruptus myself. My connection (generally) is quite snappy today, but I can only get single Steve-words out of the keynote stream. Which is quite entertaining in a background alternative music kind of way, as it keeps missing words and making him sound quite deranged, but not terribly informative per se.

Alex, I'd assume it will be made available as a podcast shortly?

#4 User is offline   Alex Kidman 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:03 AM

Presumably. The Keynote Podcast stream is currently listed on the iTunes store as the top Podcast of the day (ahead of the rather excellent Gruen Transfer), but that could just be pent up demand, not necessarily a desire to sate that demand. If that makes sense.

#5 User is offline   Some Random Bloke 

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:26 AM

I was planning on watching the Keynote before logging on here (no way I was going to be up for the blog at 2am in Perth!), but it'll have to wait for the podcast or until demand dies down. I have to say, my wife thought I was really pathetic when I let out a little whoop at the site of the iPhone fronting Apple Aust's website!
"I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful...

...Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

#6 User is offline   gazza 

• Power guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (Xenophos @ Jun 10 2008, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was planning on watching the Keynote before logging on here (no way I was going to be up for the blog at 2am in Perth!), but it'll have to wait for the podcast or until demand dies down...............

It was actually 1AM Perth time Xenophos, the original published time in AMW was updated late last night!!!

QUOTE (Xenophos @ Jun 10 2008, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
..................I have to say, my wife thought I was really pathetic when I let out a little whoop at the site of the iPhone fronting Apple Aust's website!

That was no little whoop Xenophos, I wondered what the noise was I heard earlier, you must have deafened her. I agree it was exciting to see actual pics after all the speculative "Photos(?)" we've seen over the last 3, 4, 5, weeks!

gazza
Gazza

The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does!

#7 User is offline   gazza 

• Power guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Alex Kidman @ Jun 10 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I've just tried again and the audio is almost spot on now but the video is diabolical - a rather fascinating morphing of Steve into Martian-like creatures!!!

gazza
Gazza

#8 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:36 PM

Thats pretty common after most keynotes gazza, i am convinced its just an overload on apples servers with people super keen to see the big fella speak about new technology... If you wait a day or two until the hype dies down you will find it will play flawlessly.

TL
Come on 20K

Ken

#9 User is offline   gazza 

• Power guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (TLCAUS @ Jun 10 2008, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats pretty common after most keynotes gazza, i am convinced its just an overload on apples servers with people super keen to see the big fella speak about new technology... If you wait a day or two until the hype dies down you will find it will play flawlessly.
TL

Fair enough TL, I shall do just that.

gazza
Gazza

#10 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:59 PM

Well gazza i am watching it now without a Hitch... try again

TL
Come on 20K

Ken

#11 User is offline   gazza 

• Power guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (TLCAUS @ Jun 10 2008, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well gazza i am watching it now without a Hitch... try again

TL

Yep, I will after dinner TL - just about to sit down now - thanks for the info, my broadband connection will be the main issue, I can rarely see a video, without some buffering.

gazza
Gazza

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users