• You cannot reply to this topic

Google To Buy Motorola Phone Business

#1 User is online   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

Now apple has some real compeition, with google taking over moto's phone division for 12.5 billion.

I guess it's one way, to get android on to hardware, that's made to googles exacting standards, but of course this could all backfire, as other companies that have employed android on there phones, spit the dummy, because they now have to compete with the company supplying there operating system...

This could get very intereting.
Come on 20K

Ken

#2 User is offline   Some Random Bloke 

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:43 AM

Google say they'll run it as a separate division, presumably without giving them favouritism - if that's possible. It's hard to see the benefit if they don't, unless Google wants to become a hardware as well as online company. MS could do well out of it?
"I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful...

...Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

#3 User is offline   Tara Brady 

• Group: Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:36 PM

I think its funny how a mere twelve days ago, patents were "bogus" and a mortal threat to Google's so-called "innovation", according to Drummond. Now he wants to use patents to promise "protection" to his soon-to-be-if-not-already-jilted PlayedForSure "partners". Sounds like, to Google, the only legitimate patents on earth are the patents for which they can successfully overpay.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users