Macworld Australia

Macworld Forums: How do I Change Apple ID for Developer Account - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do I Change Apple ID for Developer Account

#1 User is offline   JamieD 

• (geekus cynicus extremis)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I geek therefore I am!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

I've decided that I really should have signed up to the Mac Developer Program using my normal Apple ID rather than creating a new one. (for reasons I describe in an earlier post)

I can't see any way to change this as if I try and change the Apple ID on the account page it tells me that the ID is already in use and so can't be used.

I have sent a feedback email to Developer Support to see if this is possible... I certainly hope that it is.

Does anyone know of this kind of change is possible? Google has not enabled me to find an answer to this question.

Cheers

Jamie

#2 User is offline   arcanedevice 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:03 PM

Hi Jamie

I assume you mean you want to 'merge' your accounts? Sadly, I don't think you'll have any luck because I've tried that with two Apple ID's that I 'own' (She Who Must Be Obeyed thought I'd like to have separate accounts based on my individual and family email addresses!) but I never get any response. I'm hoping the same thing won't happen with MobileMe, although based on the document Tara posted a few days ago that merge should be allowed by Apple

#3 User is offline   JamieD 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

Got an email from them today saying that I can't move the Developer account and that they had disabled the original account I signed up with (under my 'normal' Apple ID) before joining the program. I hope that this is only for the Developer side of things as the original account I used was the one I use for iTunes and if this has been disabled I will be more than a little annoyed...

I replied to their email and told them this, so hopefully it is just the Developer side as I have confirmed that I can still download from the iTunes store using my normal ID on my iPhone just now.

#4 User is offline   JamieD 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:23 PM

It is only the duplicate Developer account they removed so all is OK :-)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users