• You cannot reply to this topic

OS X Development

#1 User is offline   JamieD 

• (geekus cynicus extremis)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I geek therefore I am!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

I'm in the process of beginning OS X development (and will then most likely move to iOS).

I've registered as a developer and am working through the training materials that are available through the Apple Developer website (which are very good), but would welcome any other resources that others can point me towards.

Cheers

Jamie

#2 User is offline   BrianB 

• Pat a Mac
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything Apple,Technology, Photography

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

View PostJamieD, on 30 May 2011 - 02:42 PM, said:

I'm in the process of beginning OS X development (and will then most likely move to iOS).

I've registered as a developer and am working through the training materials that are available through the Apple Developer website (which are very good), but would welcome any other resources that others can point me towards.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie, I admire your ability understand all the programming language. I have tried to learn iOS programming and it's just so confusing to me.

Good luck with it.
Favourite Fruit....An Apple!

#3 User is offline   JamieD 

• (geekus cynicus extremis)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I geek therefore I am!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

View PostBrianB, on 30 May 2011 - 04:58 PM, said:

Jamie, I admire your ability understand all the programming language. I have tried to learn iOS programming and it's just so confusing to me.

Good luck with it.

Thanks Brian, I have been programming for many many years but this is my first foray into C/Objective C/Cocoa etc. so there will definitely be a bit of a learning curve. As I have programmed in Pascal, BASIC, Hypercard (ok maybe I'm showing my age here!), Perl, AWK, Bash Scripting, HTML, Visual Basic (and VBA), and some others that I have likely forgotten, in the past then hopefully it's not going to be too daunting. I'm a determined kind of person so hopefully my tenacity will help me through :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users