Macworld Australia

Macworld Forums: Roll-feed Printers - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Roll-feed Printers Are there any home-use printers that can print banners, etc?

#1 User is offline   Peter Geelong 

• Group: Members

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

What printers do people use to print out pedigrees, family history charts and the like? I have a Canon Pixma MP830 and tried to set up a custom sheet size about 1.7m long and then use paper cut from a roll in the rear sheet feeder, but all I got was a mess of crumpled paper and less than one normal page printed on it. I previously printed on A4 and pasted the 10 sheets together, but it doesn't look all that wonderful and was it tiresome trying to keep the sheets aligned.

So, does anyone use a roll-fed printer? If so, what make and model? I have tried searching the Web without results, other than for expensive wide format professional office printers used by Architects and the like. I also tried the local repro shops, but it seems what I want to do will be printed on glossy photo paper and priced accordingly (as though it was a panoramic photo) at around $50 each. I want to print on good quality paper but not photo, at around 0.2% coverage. Lots of white space on Family History charts.

Any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

If you only want a small line of Print, could you use a dynamo label printer ? or is that to small.

Have you seen the ones you can plug into you mac ?

TL

Attached File(s)

Come on 20K

Ken

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users