• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Seeking Australian Apple User Groups

#1 User is offline   Nicholas Pyers 

• Power user
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:24 PM

Over at AppleUsers.org, we have been updating our list of active Apple User Groups in Australia as we’ve recently seen one group fold, another start up and a few whose details had changed and we thought this would be an opportune time to seek any other active Apple User Groups that may wish to be included in our listings.

In particular, we are looking for any groups in Tasmania (after all, the Apple Isle should have Apple User Groups biggrin.gif ) and in the Northern Territory as we have no active groups recorded for those regions at present.

We are also interested in hearing from ‘PC-based’ groups that also have Special Interest Groups for Mac, iPod, iPhone or iPad users.
Or maybe you are a U3A or Seniors Computer Club that has a dedicated session for the users of Apple products? If so, we are happy to include you in our listing.

To see if your group is listed with us, visit the AppleUsers.org User Group Listing page and if your group isn’t listed, we don’t know about you So fill in the form at the bottom of the page and we’ll add you.

If your group is listed, you might as well take the opportunity to confirm that we have your web address correctly listed. If we don’t, then just fill out the form again.

#2 User is offline   JZ 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:• Apple Inc.
    • Sony
    • Nintendo
    • Pixar
    • Star Wars
    • Superman
    • Reading
    • Food - Cooking
    • Photography
    • Design
    • Great Coffee

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:15 PM

Anyone know of a user group somewhere near Penrith NSW?
jz
"It's more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy" - Steve Jobs

#3 User is offline   Nicholas Pyers 

• Power user
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

Jamie,
I'm not aware of any in the Penrith area... There are two Sydney based ones... ClubMac and AMUG Sydney.

You could always start your own group - there are some great tips for starting a new User Group over at the AppleUsers.org links page.

Starting your own group can be quite rewarding... the two biggest hurdles are a) finding a venue to meet at and cool.gif finding new members.

The venue is actually easy... there are many places that will let you hire a room very cheaply (RSL clubs, public libraries, church halls etc) or even donate it for free.

As to members, advertise in this forum that you are starting a group... drop me a line at AppleUsers.org and I'll help out with tons of contacts... contact your local newspaper and get a story published... visit your local apple seller and see if you can put a poster up and leave some flyers... stick a flyer up in local takeaway shops...

#4 User is offline   JZ 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:• Apple Inc.
    • Sony
    • Nintendo
    • Pixar
    • Star Wars
    • Superman
    • Reading
    • Food - Cooking
    • Photography
    • Design
    • Great Coffee

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

thanks nicholas, i'd love to start a Mac User Group but not sure how I'd go at organising one, to be honest i'm not even sure what goes on at one of these meetings, that's why i wanted to see if there was one in Penrith so I could checked it out smile.gif

jz
jz
"It's more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy" - Steve Jobs

#5 User is offline   Nicholas Pyers 

• Power user
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:14 AM

Jamie,
Contact me using the web form at http://www.appleusers.org/about/
Leave me a landline contact number and I'll contact you and we can discuss options that available to you.

As to what happens at a User Group meeting - that is up to you smile.gif Every group is different

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users