Macworld Australia

Macworld Forums: Sharing HD video online - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sharing HD video online Do you have a preferred way?

#1 User is offline   David Braue 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:10 AM

Today we have some tips for sharing HD video online. Wondering how everybody here does this -- or, more to the point, if everybody here does this. Any tips? tricks? pitfalls? Does HD really matter online?

#2 Guest_coaten_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:50 AM

Yes, I have shared HD video online, but it's something I've only begun doing recently as a matter of necessity, having uploaded the HD video I shot with the Canon 5D MkII. Through the process of doing this for the first time - and doing so in order that AMW readers could see the video accompanying my review of the camera - I discovered two things.

One is that uploading HD to YouTube is a pain. It took five attempts to get the file uploaded in its entirety, with the unsuccessful attempts stalling each time about half way through. One might wonder if the network is choking at my end of the chain (and that's a likely possibility here at Niche with a lot of heavy network activity) but an upload of the same file to my MobileMe gallery went smoothly.

Does HD have a place online? Yes, but it's only relevant to those with a network connection that can handle the load. The proposed 100Mbit/second NBN, when and if it's rolled out at such a speed, should IMHO make HD video online far more relevant and compelling than it is now.

Do I want to share HD video online? Absolutely. I go to some trouble to create a HD video with appeal. I like for others to see the video at a quality approximating what I see on my own monitor.

#3 User is offline   Some Random Bloke 

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

I'm happy with Mobile Me. Not HD, but good enough. Like Chris says, most people I know (most of my stuff is for family or for live presentations) don't have the sort of bandwidth or allowance that will cope with large HD files. We'll see what transpires if/when the NBN is rolled out.
"I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful...

...Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

#4 Guest_coaten_*

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:45 AM

Penny drops for denirtos?

#5 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:37 AM

Is that what that is ? i thought he was doing the death scene from monty python and the holy grail, where there are in the cave reading the last words of somebody who had been eaten by a cartoon monster .. aaaaaaaaaa

TL
Come on 20K

Ken

#6 User is offline   mickdevlin 

• AMW Legend (R.I.P)
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

No, that was Aaaaaarrrrgh (as in fear and surprise). smile.gif
Mick

#7 Guest_coaten_*

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (mickdevlin @ Apr 18 2009, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, that was Aaaaaarrrrgh (as in fear and surprise). smile.gif

No, no. It's..... Aaaaaarrrggggh. Comes from the back of the throat. </python>

The same poster is putting that same response in a few places. Either that's all he/she really has to say, or....

Troll.

#8 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:16 PM

Glad to see another closet python fan amongst us, chris

TL
Come on 20K

Ken

Share this topic: