• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BARGAINS HERE!!! special prices noticed by members

#1 User is offline   gazza 

• Power guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:19 PM

As a follow-up to a thread elsewhere on iTunes prepaid cards at a discounted price at WoolWorths and Safeway I will start the ball rolling on other gear (Apple or 3rd party peripheral) being offered at discounted prices.

In the next BigW catalogue in Victoria - on sale Sept 11th - Sept 17th - they have current model iPod touch 8GB advertised for $357 including a "Bonus FM transmitter" (approx $120 worth). The usual price for an 8GB touch is $395 and you can regularly pick up "specials" for $370 - $380 but this is the best price I've seen.

OK I know that new iPod touch models may be released next Tuesday ("Apple" time US) but if anyone wants to make use of run-out models this is a bargain. Only problem of course is I would think that they may be in short supply because of the new models coming up and Apple reducing production over the last few months.

gazza
Gazza

The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does!

Gary Mc - aka FarmerGaz on twitter.com/FarmerGaz

#2 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:43 PM

how come every body ignored my post on software and hardware bargains I posted about 3 months ago, if your post is more popular than my post back then gazza you are paying for the coffees at the chadstone store openning gazza, I am keeping my money in my pocket

Tl
Come on 20K

Ken

#3 User is offline   mickdevlin 

• AMW Legend (R.I.P)
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (TLCAUS @ Sep 6 2008, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how come every body ignored my post on software and hardware bargains I posted about 3 months ago, if your post is more popular than my post back then gazza you are paying for the coffees at the chadstone store openning gazza, I am keeping my money in my pocket

So gazza has to bribe you to keep you quiet, TL?
Mick

#4 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:57 PM

I will take him money Mick don't you worry about that, but after my last post on the subject I guessed nobody was interested in saving a dollar or two.

Tl
Come on 20K

Ken

#5 User is offline   mickdevlin 

• AMW Legend (R.I.P)
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (TLCAUS @ Sep 6 2008, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will take him money Mick don't you worry about that, but after my last post on the subject I guessed nobody was interested in saving a dollar or two.

They may be more interested in the topic now due to the approach of Christmas!
Mick

#6 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:01 PM

Don't start using logic on me Mick biggrin.gif that's just down right mean.

Tl
Come on 20K

Ken

#7 User is offline   mickdevlin 

• AMW Legend (R.I.P)
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (TLCAUS @ Sep 6 2008, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't start using logic on me Mick biggrin.gif that's just down right mean.

As, no doubt, is a discussion regarding money at present!
Mick

#8 User is offline   rachp 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:34 AM

I was in BIGW yesterday on the look out for cheap itunes cards after reading this post. As I got closer to the stand I saw a large POS wobbler hanging in front with a big $70 on it. I thought wow a $100 card for 70 bucks, but on closer inspection it was just advertising the $70 card for $70!

I find this strange and have noticed it in a lot of supermarkets...you think something is on special and then the 'special' price is just the same.

#9 User is offline   gazza 

• Power guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (TLCAUS @ Sep 6 2008, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
............... nobody was interested in saving a dollar or two.

Tl

If you are going to offer a bargain make it a good one, TL, "a dollar or two" NAH not good enough!! Yah gotta make it worth our while! $357 (plus bonus $120 FM transmitter) now that's some bargain - usual retail $515!!!

QUOTE (rachp @ Sep 7 2008, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in BIGW yesterday on the look out for cheap itunes cards after reading this post. As I got closer to the stand I saw a large POS wobbler hanging in front with a big $70 on it. I thought wow a $100 card for 70 bucks, but on closer inspection it was just advertising the $70 card for $70!

I find this strange and have noticed it in a lot of supermarkets...you think something is on special and then the 'special' price is just the same.

It's a "clever(?)" strategy because it catches so many people Rach. I've seen people grabbing goods with "special" written on them that were in fact dearer than the price for the same item the week before!! Where's the logic in that??

gazza
Gazza

The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does!

#10 User is offline   golfer 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gynocology

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (gazza @ Sep 7 2008, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've seen people grabbing goods with "special" written on them that were in fact dearer than the price for the same item the week before!! Where's the logic in that??

gazza

it's called "retailing" gazza.

#11 User is offline   MacDavo 

• Systems Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Web development, Macs and cycling

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:54 PM

For what it's worth, I picked up $80 of iTunes cards for $60 yesterday at BigW. (I know the price isn't news) I figured a $20 saving was better than nothing.

What's odd about this, is they were basically cleaned out of $20 cards. I scrapped together the last 4 by looking at all the checkouts.

Ironically it appears they could have swiped 1 card 4 times. It's the voucher that counts. Bearing this in mind, if someone can confirm it, the next time they have a special, I'll just roll in with my same 4 cards. Either that or ask them to swipe it 4 times.

QUOTE (TL)
how come every body ignored my post on software and hardware bargains

So many answers, so little time wink.gif (Just pulling your leg mate)

You'll feel much better when this thread falls through the post count, falls flat on page 2, and sinks into the void that is old posts.

---=== The future looks cloudy ===---

#12 User is offline   rachp 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:03 PM

I'm not sure if anyone else uses this website www.lasoo.com.au
It's basically a one-stop-shop for viewing catalogues from different shops, and it's great because you can search for specific products.

I just saw this listed from Target

2 For $30.00
Starts 03 September - Ends 24 September
Apple iTunes
Buy 2 x $20 iTunes cards for $30.00. No rainchecks.

#13 User is offline   mitch 

• Mentor
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Mac Collecting<br />[u]Macs[/u]: iMac 2.66 GHz intel core2duo 2 GB RAM 500 GB HDD/mac OS X 10.5.5<br />iMac G3 (grape) 233MHz 160mb RAM 4G HDD/mac OS X 10.3.9 <br />iMac G3 Blueberry 350MHz 128MB RAM 6GB HD/mac OS 10.3.0<br />iMac G4 17 inch 700MHz 384MB RAM 40GB HD/Mac OS 10.3.0<br />PowerBook G3 14.1 inch 266MHz 64MB RAM 4GB HD/Mac OS 8.6<br />Powermac G4 800 MHz 60Gb HDD 512mb RAM/Mac OS 10.5.2<br />iBook Clamshell Blueberry 300MHz 6GB HDD 320mb RAM/Mac OS 10.3.9<br />Two vintage beige Power macintosh G3's a Minitower 300MHz 250MB RAM, 80GB HDD/Mac OS X 10.1 and <br />Desktop unit 300MHz 320MB RAM, 6GB HDD/Mac OS X 10.1<br />Macintosh SE 1986 2MB RAM 20MB HD<br />Grand Total of 10!!!!<br />[u]iPod[/u]: iPod touch 8 GB and 3rd gen ipod nano 4GB.<br />[u]Mac user since[/u]: 1/7/08

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:10 PM

I picked up a deal from dick smiths about 2 months ago I got a $50 card for $30

Mitch
Visit my New Mac collecting Websitehere It has some stuff to look at on it now so check it out!!!!!!
See My Profile for a list of all my Macs in my Mac collection!!!!!!!!

#14 User is offline   the_cable_guy 

• Awww yeh
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mac!!!!!!!!!

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:06 PM

there selling all the cards cheap everywhere now, they're getting rid of the whole idea tongue.gif

CG
{CG}

#15 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:17 PM

I can't see the cards going out the window, they are still extremelly popular as christmas presents and birthday presents. To kill them off would be a bad error on apples behalf. The only way around it would be if apple has some sort of plan to allow people to buy the cards online and print them off like movie tickets.

Tl
Come on 20K

Ken

#16 User is offline   the_cable_guy 

• Awww yeh
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mac!!!!!!!!!

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:18 PM

yeah i presume so but reports have seem to say that the cards are going out of existence all together tongue.gif but i guess you can still send an album or something virtually tongue.gif

CG
{CG}

#17 User is offline   rachp 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

Just going through my junk mail (physical) and the AusPost catalogue has a special on iTunes cards.

But 2 $30 cards for $45

valid until 25th December or until sold out

#18 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:50 PM

Ok this is a weird one, but I just checked the letter box and Aldi have on the front page of there catalog, Ipod Nano 4 Gig silver only.... For 159.00, but here comes the kicker, it says holds up to 2000 songs, up to 8 hours of video, or 7000 photos, plus 24 hours of audio playback !!!!!

Now for anybody who doesn't check the apple web site and have a brain like a sponge for info, these specs are for an 8 Gig ipod nano, so have the screwed up or is it and 8 gig, one they are selling for 40 bucks less than anybody else?

Cause i am sure as hell confused

TL

Come on 20K

Ken

#19 User is offline   gazza 

• Power guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (TLCAUS @ Dec 16 2008, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok this is a weird one, but I just checked the letter box and Aldi have on the front page of there catalog, Ipod Nano 4 Gig silver only.... For 159.00, but here comes the kicker, it says holds up to 2000 songs, up to 8 hours of video, or 7000 photos, plus 24 hours of audio playback !!!!!

Now for anybody who doesn't check the apple web site and have a brain like a sponge for info, these specs are for an 8 Gig ipod nano, so have the screwed up or is it and 8 gig, one they are selling for 40 bucks less than anybody else?

Cause i am sure as hell confused

TL

I'd suggest that it's a series of "typos" TL, or poor research by the one setting up the advert. As we don't get Aldi's junk mail down here I subscribe to their online catalogue and it has the same items as the printed version. I've just checked this week's one and there are differences between the online and printed versions!!

"Apple iPod Nano 4GB Silver -$ 159

▪ Holds up to 1000 songs, up to 4 hours of video or 3500 photos.
▪ Shake to shuffle your music
▪ Up to 24 hours of audio feedback."

You can have a look at the online catalogue here if you want.

gazza
Gazza

#20 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:46 PM

Bummer I was actually hoping it was an 8 gig.... But Gazza this in turn leads to another question, I didn't think apple made 4 gig Nanos any more ? I cant find 1 single mention of any 4 gig nanos on apples web site?

TL
Come on 20K

Ken

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users