Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ear Buds

#1 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Computers ...but am no expert .

IMAc Intel 2.9GhZ Icore i5; Ipod Classic 120GB now reconverted to Iphone5. Ipad air. Love cooking and gardening and travelling and animated discussions.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

Yesterday morning just before I left for Kuala Lumpu, I received a pair of earbuds....I put them in my bag and off I went.

Love the wooden part, they look slick and not a bad sound, inspite of having them with the plane roaring in the background, they are quite neat to cart around.

Thanks Niche for the gift, truly appreciated
If you don't ask, there will be no answer!
Curiosity has immense benefits for all!

#2 User is offline   JZ 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:• Apple Inc.
    • Sony
    • Nintendo
    • Pixar
    • Star Wars
    • Superman
    • Reading
    • Food - Cooking
    • Photography
    • Design
    • Great Coffee

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

how'd you score free earbuds?
jz
"It's more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy" - Steve Jobs

#3 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

Nice score Pegi
Come on 20K

Ken

#4 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

IMAc Intel 2.9GhZ Icore i5; Ipod Classic 120GB now reconverted to Iphone5. Ipad air. Love cooking and gardening and travelling and animated discussions.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Hi guys, just back from KL I think, it was because I renewed my subscription. Then a little while ago I got a a nifty little writing book. They must like me at Niche and not you. that's all! :mosking:

#5 User is offline   Dave Bullard 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

View Postpegi, on 10 May 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

They must like me at Niche and not you. that's all! :mosking:

That's it, Pegi ... nothing to do with the subscription at all!

Glad the earphones are good.

Cheers
Dave

#6 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

It was cool Dave! Thanks again! I am enjoying them.

By the way, I was amazed that on the plane the buds did cut quite a fair bit of the engine noise...not much but it was there. They are a nice little git and work well.

#7 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

Pegi, if you want to cut all of the engine noise, sit up the pointy end of the plane :rolleyes:
Come on 20K

Ken

#8 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Yes, that I know Ken, nothing new....but with AirAsia unless you pay extra, you don't know where you are going to sit....and I wanted 3 seats for myself to have a snooze that is why I asked for the back of the plane...least favoured hence....more room for me. I did get my 3 seats and had a decent sleep. You have to play the game...what bad for some is excellent for others. Not many people were as lucky as I was as they all flocked to the front. NANANA!

#9 User is offline   TattooedMac 

• Mr Encryption
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Aussie
    Mac Aficionado
    Beta Tester #iOSDeveloper
    Photographer ~ #CogFrogStudios
    Aperture & NIK Plugins
    #Kickstarter Backer
    #HTML & #CSS

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

I know this is a oooolllld thread, but just curious Pegi as to what brand they where ??
You are lucky aren't you, ask just renewed my subscription, and received nought, zero, nothing, nadda from Niche but hopefully win the $22k package, OR be a lucky number 10 winner . . .

Anyways i only ask what brand because i just bought a pair of The House of Marley's Zion in Ear ear buds and they are environmentally friendly, and they are wood as well. I paid $130 for them, but i love them. I listened to some Daft Punk, and Binary Finary (Trance) and i have heard sounds i have never ever heard before. The Bass is just amazing and just right, and they are complete sound reducing, to me. Had the TV up loud and music on half and didnt hear the TV at all.
They have another 20cm length on them than the Apple ones and the Mic/Butons are at the 'Y' junction and sits on the breast plate. I was worried that is was down too low and talking on the phone wouldnt be a good experience, but i tested them with the Apple and my sister said that the Marley Buds were louder and a lot clearer even being so far from the mouth.
They are the best and i know who i will be going back too :)
Posted Image

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
2012 13" MBP i7 - 10.9 Mavericks…..iPhone5 - 7.0.3…….iPad Min i - 7.0.3…….ATV2 - 5.2.1…….3TB TimeCapsule…….3x Airport Express…….PPC G3 Blue & White 450 MHz

#10 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hi there TM, I can't remember the name of the brand, but what I can see on the little bud is MEE or MEC.(tiny writing)

There are wooden little earbuds. I used them on the plane for long haul quite a fair bit recently. They were nice and good/average sound for the size. I think they are not a $200 pair. But really does the job. They did give me a price at the time of the offer...but have forgotten. If I am not too wrong they were around the 40 to 60 $ mark...but I could way off the mark either way!

In the end I had to change them because I am a big fan of Audio books and found them too tiring and they were dropping off my ears. I bought a pair of muff type for $80 ..Phillips and they are easy...not a complete balance of sounds. And also as I am not too much of an audio fan(unlike my dad) I will not pay exorbitant prices either.

If you want might send a photo of the buds if you REALLY want

View PostTattooedMac, on 29 August 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

I know this is a oooolllld thread, but just curious Pegi as to what brand they where ??
You are lucky aren't you, ask just renewed my subscription, and received nought, zero, nothing, nadda from Niche but hopefully win the $22k package, OR be a lucky number 10 winner . . .

Anyways i only ask what brand because i just bought a pair of The House of Marley's Zion in Ear ear buds and they are environmentally friendly, and they are wood as well. I paid $130 for them, but i love them. I listened to some Daft Punk, and Binary Finary (Trance) and i have heard sounds i have never ever heard before. The Bass is just amazing and just right, and they are complete sound reducing, to me. Had the TV up loud and music on half and didnt hear the TV at all.
They have another 20cm length on them than the Apple ones and the Mic/Butons are at the 'Y' junction and sits on the breast plate. I was worried that is was down too low and talking on the phone wouldnt be a good experience, but i tested them with the Apple and my sister said that the Marley Buds were louder and a lot clearer even being so far from the mouth.
They are the best and i know who i will be going back too :)

#11 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

TM, found the little pocket of the earbuds and they are MEElectronics

www.meelec.com

#12 User is offline   TattooedMac 

• Mr Encryption
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Aussie
    Mac Aficionado
    Beta Tester #iOSDeveloper
    Photographer ~ #CogFrogStudios
    Aperture & NIK Plugins
    #Kickstarter Backer
    #HTML & #CSS

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

View Postpegi, on 04 September 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

TM, found the little pocket of the earbuds and they are MEElectronics

www.meelec.com

Ahh yea ok, there are some nice looking EarBuds in there, and super futuristic. Shame they where not good for long term listening :(

These below i have kept in for 2hrs and hardly noticed they where there and never once had to push ém back in. At least you have some that suit your needs :)
Ohh ok well here are mine . . . Oh excuse the ear wax lol Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
2012 13" MBP i7 - 10.9 Mavericks…..iPhone5 - 7.0.3…….iPad Min i - 7.0.3…….ATV2 - 5.2.1…….3TB TimeCapsule…….3x Airport Express…….PPC G3 Blue & White 450 MHz

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users