• You cannot reply to this topic

July Issue...

#1 User is offline   JamieD 

• (geekus cynicus extremis)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:tech, home audio, music, films, books, toys, lego

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:34 PM

I just received a July issue of "MacWold" magazine (note NOT MacWorld Australia) and its lodged as an issue of my current MacWorld Australia subscription on Zinio.

Is MacWorld Australia no more and has it been absorbed into the (I assume) American magazine?

MacWorld had a different publisher, editorial team etc. so unless this is an issue that has been incorrectly assigned by Zinio then this it the only explanation I can some up with.

#2 User is offline   JamieD 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:37 AM

4 days and no response from any at MacWorld, not a surprise I guess as the magazine staff haven't supported the forums in a very long time which is a large contributor to the decline in visitors (I feel it's just me these days)

#3 User is offline   dgw2006 

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:06 AM

From Facebook:

"Due to falling revenue, Macworld Australia has halved its publishing schedule and will only publish a magazine issue every second month. This was a business decision which halved our costs and enabled us to continue publishing the magazine. We have struck a deal with US Macworld which will see them supply our readers on the off-months so our subscribers don't miss out on the monthly read. So, the upcoming August issue will be Australian Macworld, and so on. If you care to look back at our June issue, there is a note from the publisher explaining this change."

#4 User is offline   JamieD 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:52 AM

Thanks totally missed seeing that part of the note from the publisher in the June issue when I read it

Still a shame that the forums are dead and in all honesty I can't see the magazine surviving more than another few months given the feedback I'm seeing in various forums - it's a shame really as it used to be a great magazine with a vibrant and lively online community but alas that it no more.

#5 User is offline   JackFrost 

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:39 AM

View PostJamieD, on 08 July 2016 - 02:52 AM, said:

Thanks totally missed seeing that part of the note from the publisher in the June issue when I read it

Still a shame that the forums are dead and in all honesty I can't see the magazine surviving more than another few months given the feedback I'm seeing in various forums - it's a shame really as it used to be a great magazine with a vibrant and lively online community but alas that it no more.

I feel like the mac hype in general is dying down. The original iMac and Mac Pro were innovative but its got to the point where I feel like apple is relying of their past inventions to keep afloat and they have stopped aspiring to be something great. Maybe a new CEO would help :P

#6 User is offline   JamieD 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:32 PM

View PostJackFrost, on 27 July 2016 - 11:39 AM, said:

I feel like the mac hype in general is dying down. The original iMac and Mac Pro were innovative but its got to the point where I feel like apple is relying of their past inventions to keep afloat and they have stopped aspiring to be something great. Maybe a new CEO would help :P

Wholeheartedly agree with you there, Apple has lost it's 'pizzaz' and had only really been releasing mediocre products for years.

I still say prefer iOS to Android and OS X to Windows but the hardware of recent years is lack lustre

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users