• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mresell My experience

#1 User is offline   Vulch 

• Mentor
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:57 PM

Many of us are annoyed by the permanent presence of this permanent advertisement on the home page of this website. However, with the departure of Regadget from the market, and the arrival of my iPhone 6, I thought I'd give mResell a go at disposing of my iPhone 5s.

I filled in the details via the mResell link, which once you enter your device's serial No., is easy. Once you have done that you get a quote based on your devices condition and accessories.

I was satisfied with what they were offering (for an easy disposal, no doubt you may get more in a private sale) so proceeded. That provided a printable postage paid and order number page which you print, stick to the front of your boxed device, and post it off at no cost - aside from some packaging if you wish.

I jumped the gun a bit as discovered the quote is only current for 10 days, and my new phone wouldn't arrive during that period so I would be phone-less. I advise mResell that and they happily extended the period by a week before I would have to send off my old device.

Once my new phone arrived I wiped the old one and posted it off.

Maybe a week later I was advised by email that my device had been accepted, and the money had been transferred into my account - which appeared in there a couple of days later.

In all I had a really good experience with mResell, and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

#2 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:49 AM

out of curiosity what did they offer you ? i traded my 2 iPhone 5 (s) plural not actually 5S phones, and got $220.00 each for them at the apple store, in store credit.
Come on 20K

Ken

#3 User is offline   Vulch 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

$435, about 6 weeks ago (or whenever the 6 was available for pre-order). I image it might be less now as the market gets flooded. That's why I tried to get in on 'day one' to maximise the return. Mine was mint condition with orignal box and cables.

#4 User is offline   wwlad 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:23 PM

That is similar to the price I paid for a 5s, in similar condition,on eBay recently. At the time,i thought it was a very good price.

This supports your thought that it was a good price for a quick sale.

#5 User is offline   Vulch 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:54 PM

Yes, we would always like more but for a painless sale I was satisfied with that price. As a rough guide if I can get ~50% of the price of a new device for my 1yo equivalent, I'll upgrade.

I reckon only Apple products retain that sort of resale value.

Now for a new iPad....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users