• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Competitions AMW giveaways

#21 User is offline   klytia 

• Uncle Spam
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Racing yachts, boating in general, riding my horse, 1969 Boss 302 Mustang which i hope to own in the near future, my new iMac

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

Knowing your luck, you would bring the wet season on when you come up.....:rolleyes: Just kidding, I can arrange a sailing prize though, It would be a great win, as long as you don't get sea sick or a land lubber.......
"Reality distortion field" mine is still distorted....

#22 User is offline   gracer 

• Assistant Editor
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Cinema, soapboxing, writing, reading, coffee.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

Great idea.

It's not a case of people not visiting the forum pages, and invariably reading posts. It is, as you all point out, the lack of forum dialogue from new members.

That being said, there has been a huge influx of comments from new visitors in the posts. The articles we published on the site recently in regards to the Victorian Education Department, for example, attracted comments of about 50 per post. Not bad.

In addition, the number of subscribers is growing so quickly, I often blink at the stats in amazement.

Comps to direct feedback and interaction to this section of the site makes absolute sense to me though. We want a well-rounded online publication and that includes community participation.

Tara and myself are just about to have a catch up for the week ahead so we will brainstorm and come back to you with some ideas.

Proactive full steam ahead.

P.S is anyone still feeling the effects of Grand Final mania? My head is on a wonky carousel ride that doesn't seem to be letting up any time soon. I don't actually follow the game or know much about the teams, but Australians sure know how to put on a party when it comes to our top national sports!

Now for some Panadol...

G

#23 User is offline   Jim 

• Cruizin
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:My Mac
    Collecting Watches
    Custom built engines
    Documentaries of the universe
    Call of Duty
    Sci Fi movies

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:32 PM

View Postgolfer, on 02 October 2011 - 08:13 PM, said:

It's a long time ago Jim, back in the days of MJCP. Can't remember exactly which notebook it was, may have even been the first Air. The competition was announced, a heap of newbies registered and one of them was announced as the winner. The prize was delivered and it was suggested in the forums that he go on a podcast episode to talk about his win, given that he never bothered to contribute after his registration post. That didn't happen and never heard from him since.

Ah, so that's what happened..... man jumping on the podcast would of been the icing on the cake for sure, it had all the right ingredients too,un fricken believable.

View PostKen Gracey, on 02 October 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

Yes it was an air, and I foolishly told him, I would buy him a DVD drive for it to help put his school work on it, but luckily for me, he cleared off, before he gave me his delivery address :P

Typical, It gets me some people, actually a lot of people, you know how hard that is to come by nowadays, its on the highly endangered list, well done anyway Ken, especially trying to help a young bloke on the educational side of his life.

View PostBrianB, on 02 October 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

Good idea Jim. I like the idea of being eligible for the competition.

Cheers Brian, hopefully they will consider the return of podcasts in some way or form for future comps.
iMac 27-inch Late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7....3tb time capsule..128gig 4g wifi iPad Air...iPhone5...3rd gen Apple tv...iPod

#24 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

Thanks Grace, sorry to be such a hard nut, anything i post or moan about, is designed to improve the site, not the opposite.

As JZ or Brian (or somebody else) on here always reminds me, thanks god i don't work for you :P
Come on 20K

Ken

#25 User is offline   BrianB 

• Pat a Mac
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything Apple,Technology, Photography

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

I can't believe I am about to say this, but I like your moaning and groaning Ken.. It makes this forum interesting and starts great heated debates.

Imagine a soap opera/tv show/ movie without conflict... How boring would that be.
Favourite Fruit....An Apple!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users