• You cannot reply to this topic

He's Dead Jim... Now that I have your attention

#1 User is offline   JamieD 

• (geekus cynicus extremis)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:tech, home audio, music, films, books, toys, lego

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:27 PM

It seems to me that the magazine, if not already dead, is not far from it.

There has been no response to questions here are about the March issue, nor has there been any response to the same questions posted on Twitter or Facebook to the magazine.

I've enjoyed my time here but clearly this is no longer the place to be, and I feel that this is in a large part due to the total lack of attention from editorial and other staff of the magazine.

I bid you all a fond farewell, I will no doubt still poke my nose in here from time to time but I won;t be giving it the attention or time that I have in the past.

To paraphrase a rather well known Monty Python sketch...

'it's not pinin'! 'It's passed on! This place is no more! It has ceased to be! 'It's expired and gone to meet it's maker! 'It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed it to the perch it'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Its metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'Its off the twig! 'It's kicked the bucket, 'it's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-FORUM!!

TTFN

#2 User is offline   bitingmidge 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The world and the things in it.

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:44 PM

I'm afraid you are right Jamie... I guess I've just kissed my two year subscription goodbye!

After being a subscriber for thirty years near enough, I was expecting a gold watch!

Cheers,

P

#3 User is offline   JamieD 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:25 PM

Yes it certainly appears that way especially given the lack of any response here or on social media.

Still nothing on Zinio either

#4 User is offline   Greumach 

• Mentor
  • PipPip
  • Interests:All things mac, Celtic music and culture, Bible study, Bicycle Riding and the great outdoors.

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:55 PM

Not been here for ages, had to brush the cobwebs aside to get in!

Mac talk has disappeared, info suggests it was sold to Macworld Australia, yet I see no sign of it here.

what's going on?
Graham in Tassie

#5 User is offline   bitingmidge 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The world and the things in it.

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:50 PM

Since Niche are remaining entirely silent, I phoned them this morning.

Apparently the print magazine is going bi-monthly from the April edition. The e-version will still be monthly!

It's nice to be treated like valued customers and kept in the loop! We many not be good enough to be told what's going on, but we still get macworld emails spamming MrResell!

Well guess what fellas? If you don't support us, why would we support you? :235:

Cheers,

P

#6 User is offline   JamieD 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:31 PM

Yep , very odd that there has been no communication about this. Does this mean no March issue and that the April issue will be the next one?

Just doesn't make sense, especially to produce 2 version of the publication with different publishing time lines. Suspect that the monthly print copy will just be the 2 e-copies together?

And I agree with you comment, there has been no support of us, the people who consume the product so why should we continue to support the magazine or the forums (either here or MacTalk) I would frequent AppleTalk but I just don't really like the forum interface/layout there.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users