March Issue

#41 User is offline   JamieD 

• (geekus cynicus extremis)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:tech, home audio, music, films, books, toys, lego

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:02 PM

Hi Anthony

I certainly don't blame you personally for what is happening/has happened with regard to the magazine or the web site. As you say you are not a full time employee and despite being the editor is appears that you have no say in the direction of the magazine or the website (which I believe that to some extent you must), but the simple fact is the readership of both the magazine and the website has declined and I feel will continue to do so until both are shut down.

We (speaking for at least myself, and possibly Ken here) have tried on numerous occasions to offer assistance to you and to the forums/magazine as a whole but these offers seem to have fallen on deaf ears. The demise of the magazine, website and forums now seem a certainty, it is not a matter of if but simply a matter of when. It is a shame that it has come to this as we used to have a vibrant lively community here but due to the inattention/ignorance of Niche media it is no longer like this and I feel that Niche only has itself to blame for this situation.

#42 User is offline   Anthony Caruana 

• Power mentor
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Christianity, Macs, Mobility, Computing, Sport, Music, Movies

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:36 AM

Thanks Jamie

I do have some say but it's purely focussed on the content of the site and mag. Publishing schedules are not in my control.

I'd be happy to receive contributions for the magazine (articles, reviews, etc) but these would be voluntary. I'd never ask anyone to work for free.

As I've said, my time is limited and I put in way more time than i'm paid for because I love the magazine. When I first started using a Mac, my Macworld subscription was the first thing i spent money on after my iBook!.

Cheers
A

View PostJamieD, on 08 April 2016 - 10:02 PM, said:

Hi Anthony

I certainly don't blame you personally for what is happening/has happened with regard to the magazine or the web site. As you say you are not a full time employee and despite being the editor is appears that you have no say in the direction of the magazine or the website (which I believe that to some extent you must), but the simple fact is the readership of both the magazine and the website has declined and I feel will continue to do so until both are shut down.

We (speaking for at least myself, and possibly Ken here) have tried on numerous occasions to offer assistance to you and to the forums/magazine as a whole but these offers seem to have fallen on deaf ears. The demise of the magazine, website and forums now seem a certainty, it is not a matter of if but simply a matter of when. It is a shame that it has come to this as we used to have a vibrant lively community here but due to the inattention/ignorance of Niche media it is no longer like this and I feel that Niche only has itself to blame for this situation.

Anthony Caruana
Editor - Macworld Australia
Twitter @anthony_caruana

#43 User is offline   JackFrost 

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:03 PM

R.I.P

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic