• You cannot reply to this topic

Zinio App Wtf is with the server errors

#1 User is offline   meincrannie 

• Mentor
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My Family, Travel and Apple Computers

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

So I've renewed my subscription and I'm not filled with confidence with the zinio error messages telling me about a server issue. Has anyone experienced this? Or will I just try to reinstall the app on my ipad (4)?
Windows Vista RC1 made me buy a iMac, thank you Microsoft.

#2 User is offline   TattooedMac 

• Mr Encryption
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Aussie
    Mac Aficionado
    Beta Tester #iOSDeveloper
    Photographer ~ #CogFrogStudios
    Aperture & NIK Plugins
    #Kickstarter Backer
    #HTML & #CSS

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

View Postmeincrannie, on 18 February 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

<br>So I've renewed my subscription and I'm not filled with confidence with the zinio error messages&nbsp; telling me about a server issue. Has anyone experienced this? Or will I just try to reinstall the app on my ipad (4)?<br>
<br><br>Email them directly. I had a issue of N-Photo that wouldn't download to my iPad Mini or Mac via the Zinio App and i emailed them, and they said it was a known issue, and that it is fixed now try removing it from device a download again.<br>So i did. You can remove it from device by going to the Edit Button top right then click on the Mag you want to get rid of. Remove it, then restore it, by Edit&gt;Restore and try downloading again.<br><br>But if you email them, they get onto it pretty quick.<br><br>
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
2012 13" MBP i7 & Late 2012 21" 2.9GHz i5 - 10.10.3 Yosemite…..iPhone5 - 8.3…….iPad Air 2 - 8.3…….ATV2 - 7.3…….3TB TimeCapsule…….3x Airport Express…….PPC G3 Blue & White 450 MHz

#3 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers ...but am no expert .

IMAc Intel 2.9GhZ Icore i5; Ipod Classic 120GB now reconverted to Iphone5. Ipad air. Love cooking and gardening and travelling and animated discussions.

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

Do oyu really find this App worthwhile? I really don't like reading mags on Ipad. I prefer the paper look and feel. I guess it could be only a back of the mag on the App, I tried for a while but in the end I gave up and stick to the mag. :blink:
If you don't ask, there will be no answer!
Curiosity has immense benefits for all!

#4 User is offline   TattooedMac 

• Mr Encryption
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Aussie
    Mac Aficionado
    Beta Tester #iOSDeveloper
    Photographer ~ #CogFrogStudios
    Aperture & NIK Plugins
    #Kickstarter Backer
    #HTML & #CSS

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

Yes i do Pegi . . Love the App. Put it this way, i am subscribed to 3 Photography Magazines, and all up for 36 issues for under $87 If i was to buy only 1 of them in the Newsagent, at $14.95 a issue, over 12 Months it would cost me just short of $180.
I now subscribe to 7 different Magazines including the Aust Mac World mag. Its great because i have over a years worth that i can re- download anytime i want.
Other great thing is i can use the Zinio 4 App on my Mac and read it just like iBooks.
When i go into the field, i take my iPad Mini and use the tips section of the photography magazines. Don't have to lug around ½ a tree :)
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
2012 13" MBP i7 & Late 2012 21" 2.9GHz i5 - 10.10.3 Yosemite…..iPhone5 - 8.3…….iPad Air 2 - 8.3…….ATV2 - 7.3…….3TB TimeCapsule…….3x Airport Express…….PPC G3 Blue & White 450 MHz

#5 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers ...but am no expert .

IMAc Intel 2.9GhZ Icore i5; Ipod Classic 120GB now reconverted to Iphone5. Ipad air. Love cooking and gardening and travelling and animated discussions.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:43 AM

Hi TM,
What you said makes sense, but still like the paper feel.
Just for fun, i redownloaded Zinio to have another look and retry it. I keep on getting network error like the member above. I will follow you advice and see what happens.
If you don't ask, there will be no answer!
Curiosity has immense benefits for all!

#6 User is offline   meincrannie 

• Mentor
  • PipPip
  • Interests:My Family, Travel and Apple Computers

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

View Postpegi, on 22 February 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

Do oyu really find this App worthwhile? I really don't like reading mags on Ipad. I prefer the paper look and feel. I guess it could be only a back of the mag on the App, I tried for a while but in the end I gave up and stick to the mag. :blink:

I like to read it in both media formats in different locations.
Windows Vista RC1 made me buy a iMac, thank you Microsoft.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users