Macworld Forums: Unsubscribe - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unsubscribe How do I?

#1 User is offline   nickson 

• Group: Members

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

The answer to this is probably staring me in the face, but I'm darned if I can find it. As we are going to be travelling O/S for the next 4 months I'm trying to cut back on all the newsletters etc I currently subscribe to. However, I cannot seem to find the "unsubscribe" for the MacWorld website's Friday notification. I can find the "subscribe", but no unsubscribe.

Please don't tell me you are doing a Facebook on us and I have to write a 4000 dissertation on why I want to quit!

Nickson

#2 User is offline   Dave Bullard 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

Hey Nickson

I had to research this, as we've never had anyone unsubscribe before! ;)

All you have to do is click on the Unsubscribe button at the top right of the newsletter, just below the Twitter and Facebook buttons.

Cheers, and have a great trip,
Dave

#3 User is offline   nickson 

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

Thanks Dave.

Perhaps I am going stark, raving mad, but I cannot for the life of me see even the Twitter and Facebook buttons on the top right of the newsletter.

I have AMW Twitter and AMW Facebook in the bottom right hand corner, but there is no unsubscribe info. only how to subscribe.

Is this a fiendish plot to keep me shackled to the MacWorld website forever? If I promise to re-subscribe on the 17 September, can I be released? (My MacWorld magazine subscription is "on ice" and I have to admit that I think I will suffer withdrawals round about the 28th of this month.)

#4 User is offline   nickson 

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:12 PM

View Postnickson, on 18 May 2011 - 11:09 PM, said:

Thanks Dave.

Perhaps I am going stark, raving mad, but I cannot for the life of me see even the Twitter and Facebook buttons on the top right of the newsletter.

I have AMW Twitter and AMW Facebook in the bottom right hand corner, but there is no unsubscribe info. only how to subscribe.

Is this a fiendish plot to keep me shackled to the MacWorld website forever? If I promise to re-subscribe on the 17 September, can I be released? (My MacWorld magazine subscription is "on ice" and I have to admit that I think I will suffer withdrawals round about the 28th of this month.)

Me again.

Just noticed something else, the clock on this page is still on daylight saving time. Or is it just my copy of the web page? I'm starting to get quite concerned.

Nickson

#5 User is offline   speedy 

• Power user
  • Pip

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

Posted at 10:23pm AEST

#6 User is offline   nickson 

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:38 PM

View PostDave Bullard, on 18 May 2011 - 11:30 PM, said:

Hi Nickson

Have a look at this screenshot ... top right.

And yeah, our times are all over the place ... some are right and some are wrong. I'll ask the web people to have a look!

Cheers
Dave

Dave,
Sorry about this, but what screen shot? Is this possibly something to do with the browser I am using - Camino?

Nickson

#7 User is offline   Dave Bullard 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:40 PM

Sorry Nickson ... had trouble with the attachment.

And yeah, our times are all over the place ... some are right and some are wrong. I'll ask the web people to have a look!

Cheers
Dave

Attached File(s)

#8 User is offline   nickson 

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:50 PM

View PostDave Bullard, on 18 May 2011 - 11:40 PM, said:

Sorry Nickson ... had trouble with the attachment.

Cheers
Dave

Hi again Dave

Just reloaded the page again using Safari this time. Saw the attachment and I see what you mean, however my web page finishes, or should I say starts, with the banner of Gadget Guide, AMW etc, nothing above it.

Nickson

#9 User is offline   Dave Bullard 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

I think I know what the problem is, Nickson. We're talking at cross-purposes ... you need to unsubscribe from the email newsletter itself, not the website.

Also, I checked this forum's time, and it's correct. But you need to adjust your own time by clicking on your name in the blue bar at the top right of the forum page, and choosing "My Settings" from the pop-down menu.

Cheers
Dave

#10 User is offline   nickson 

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:06 PM

This could be fun. I've just taken a screen shot of how my page looks and I've never tried attaching a file before. Let's see what happens. After this I'm going to bed.
Cheers
Nickson

Attached File(s)

#11 User is offline   nickson 

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:31 AM

Hi again

Just to say that after a good night's sleep I am now attempting to have another go at trying to unsubscribe from the AMW website. Hopefully the screen shot I took last night will give you an indication of the fact that at the top of the page there is nothing above the normal banner from AMW. Any further ideas as to what I can do?

It's not the end of the world if I don't manage to achieve the desired result, but because I am using Gmail with the mail being forwarded from my usual email account, I really don't want any unnecessary large emails as I'll be relying on WiFi hotspots most of the time I am away.

Cheers
Nickson

#12 User is offline   Dave Bullard 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

Yeah, that screenshot is of the website, Nickson. You have to go to the actual email we sent you, as per my screenshot.

Cheers
Dave

#13 User is offline   nickson 

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

View PostDave Bullard, on 19 May 2011 - 02:23 PM, said:

Yeah, that screenshot is of the website, Nickson. You have to go to the actual email we sent you, as per my screenshot.

Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave

Sorry about the mix-up. I always delete the emails after I've read them, so I'll wait until tomorrow's arrives and take it from there.

Many thanks

Nickson

#14 User is offline   Dave Bullard 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:39 PM

No worries! Tell me if it doesn't work.

Cheers
Dave

#15 User is offline   tmacka88 

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

I cannot unsubscribe.

when i try it doesnt work at all. sometime i just get a 404 error. I have sent you guys 3 emails over the past month and havent heard anything back. I would be great to stop receiving an email everyday by simply unsubscribing as you would with any other newsletter, however, you do not seam to let us.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users