• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Steve Wozniak expects Apple Watch and Google Glass to flop

#1 User is offline   TLCAUS 

• Mentor
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:45 AM

Ouch, well i guess i will cancelling my Apple Watch order.

http://www.technolog...gle-glass-flop/

#2 User is offline   bitingmidge 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The world and the things in it.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:32 AM

Well, as one who has little need for a timepiece, but (in France) there is a clock on every pharmacy, i carry a fitbit and a phone in my pocket, have a camera with a clock in it, a macbook, an iPad and a microwave, oven, television, wall clock and motorcar with clocks staring at me, and I do have a wristwatch that I wear half a dozen times a year when commuting between the hemispheres but at no oh times, I just don't get the Apple Watch.

It's all very gee-whizz of course, but relies does it not, on having a phone or pad within proximity.

Sure the advertising makes it compelling, the euphoria sweeps 'em all up, but what does it actually do that makes my life simpler and more fulfilling? What does it actually do that doesn't or can't happen on the gadget in my pocket?

I didn't see a need for an iPad in my life (and still don't) but I could see that it had it's uses (it's my wife's primary computer for instance). The iWatch? Why did you order one iKen?

P

#3 User is offline   TLCAUS 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:07 AM

No but my blue tooth earpiece drives me nuts when I am driving, so if I can answer and make calls easier when I am driving, it's already a winner in my book.

#4 User is offline   klytia 

• Uncle Spam
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Racing yachts, boating in general, riding my horse, 1969 Boss 302 Mustang which i hope to own in the near future, my new iMac

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:28 AM

bitingmidge, on 23 December 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

1419283955[/url]' post='91463']
Well, as one who has little need for a timepiece, but (in France) there is a clock on every pharmacy, i carry a fitbit and a phone in my pocket, have a camera with a clock in it, a macbook, an iPad and a microwave, oven, television, wall clock and motorcar with clocks staring at me, and I do have a wristwatch that I wear half a dozen times a year when commuting between the hemispheres but at no oh times, I just don't get the Apple Watch.

It's all very gee-whizz of course, but relies does it not, on having a phone or pad within proximity.

Sure the advertising makes it compelling, the euphoria sweeps 'em all up, but what does it actually do that makes my life simpler and more fulfilling? What does it actually do that doesn't or can't happen on the gadget in my pocket?

I didn't see a need for an iPad in my life (and still don't) but I could see that it had it's uses (it's my wife's primary computer for instance). The iWatch? Why did you order one iKen?

P

Interesting post, it shows the need, or perseved need for different technology, one comment I would like to make, all the Apple crap I have, if you look at the usage of each device, I would think my iPad gets the most time spent on it, with the iphone and iMac right behind, the uber expensive MBP retina, this is just a toy I lug around when I am away......

"Reality distortion field" mine is still distorted....

#5 User is offline   bitingmidge 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:39 AM

View PostTLCAUS, on 23 December 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

No but my blue tooth earpiece drives me nuts when I am driving, so if I can answer and make calls easier when I am driving, it's already a winner in my book.

Now I really don't get it! Why, given that you spend your life driving, don't you have a proper bluetooth interface?

Next, how will the watch replace the earpiece? I hate to disappoint you, but you are going to have an extra gadget to worry about!

Cheers,

P

#6 User is offline   TLCAUS 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:10 PM

Yes I do have bluetooth in my car, but every time apple updates its IOS it screws my connection, and the car bluetooth stops working or starts to crackle, and I cant be bothered going back to ford every 6 months to have the firmware updates, so that the phone works in the car. Hence why I have an ear piece.

As far as an extra gadget goes, I don't mind. As it does a lot more than just help me to take and answer phone calls, its of course always a clock, and it will show me SMS messages, and appointments , etc.

#7 User is offline   klytia 

• Uncle Spam
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Racing yachts, boating in general, riding my horse, 1969 Boss 302 Mustang which i hope to own in the near future, my new iMac

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:19 PM

TLCAUS, on 23 December 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

1419307808[/url]' post='91481']
Yes I do have bluetooth in my car, but every time apple updates its IOS it screws my connection, and the car bluetooth stops working or starts to crackle, and I cant be bothered going back to ford every 6 months to have the firmware updates, so that the phone works in the car. Hence why I have an ear piece.

As far as an extra gadget goes, I don't mind. As it does a lot more than just help me to take and answer phone calls, its of course always a clock, and it will show me SMS messages, and appointments , etc.

So do you have to take out your hearing aid to use your earpiece Ken?

#8 User is offline   TLCAUS 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:39 PM

hahaha, NO

#9 User is offline   klytia 

• Uncle Spam
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:11 PM

Is this what you have Ken ? It could be used as a whiskey funnel too, multi purpose.....

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   bitingmidge 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostTLCAUS, on 23 December 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

I cant be bothered going back to ford every 6 months to have the firmware updates,

I might have spotted the problem.

You take your Apple to Apple for repairs, why do you take the Merc to Ford?

P

#11 User is offline   TLCAUS 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:41 PM

O crap now you tell me 😁

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic