• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Facetime Audio Thumbsup

#1 User is offline   Some Random Bloke 

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

Used FT Audio for the first time tonight. At least as good as a phone (Telstra), if not better. Better than Skype - pity it's not cross platform.
"I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful...

...Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

#2 User is offline   TattooedMac 

• Mr Encryption
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Aussie
    Mac Aficionado
    Beta Tester #iOSDeveloper
    Photographer ~ #CogFrogStudios
    Aperture & NIK Plugins
    #Kickstarter Backer
    #HTML & #CSS

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

So whats the difference from FT Audio to Handset phone cal with the Speaker on ?? I have to admit i havnt read up on it at all, because when you think about it thats all its seems to be, A normal call with Speaker activated... . . .

EDIT : Read more about it, as i had totally forgotten about it, and VOIP, yea so now i understand lol
Now that you have said it works well, ill be using that all the time now between the family, but the hard part is getting the rest of the Family on board with it.

So clear ? No Echo ? No Reverb ? at all?
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
2012 13" MBP i7 & Late 2012 21" 2.9GHz i5 - 10.10.3 Yosemite…..iPhone5 - 8.3…….iPad Air 2 - 8.3…….ATV2 - 7.3…….3TB TimeCapsule…….3x Airport Express…….PPC G3 Blue & White 450 MHz

#3 User is offline   Some Random Bloke 

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

Nothing I noticed.
"I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful...

...Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

#4 User is offline   wwlad 

• Mentor
  • PipPip

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

After I figured out that FT meant FaceTime (dah!!) I thought I might try it.

The audio was good (it gave my wife a dutch accent) but the video was not good. Still, it was good for a giggle, and who knows, I might find a use for it one day.

#5 User is offline   TattooedMac 

• Mr Encryption
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Aussie
    Mac Aficionado
    Beta Tester #iOSDeveloper
    Photographer ~ #CogFrogStudios
    Aperture & NIK Plugins
    #Kickstarter Backer
    #HTML & #CSS

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

View Postwwlad, on 29 September 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

After I figured out that FT meant FaceTime (dah!!) I thought I might try it.

The audio was good (it gave my wife a dutch accent) but the video was not good. Still, it was good for a giggle, and who knows, I might find a use for it one day.

I just found, its a cheap and easy way to talk to the kids in the Bedroom and tell them to 'Turn down that Bloody music"

Yes im L A Z Y :P But if they expect me to come everytime they call, then i can call from the lounge once in a while haha
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
2012 13" MBP i7 & Late 2012 21" 2.9GHz i5 - 10.10.3 Yosemite…..iPhone5 - 8.3…….iPad Air 2 - 8.3…….ATV2 - 7.3…….3TB TimeCapsule…….3x Airport Express…….PPC G3 Blue & White 450 MHz

#6 User is offline   JamieD 

• (geekus cynicus extremis)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:tech, home audio, music, films, books, toys, lego

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostTattooedMac, on 30 September 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

I just found, its a cheap and easy way to talk to the kids in the Bedroom and tell them to 'Turn down that Bloody music"

Yes im L A Z Y :P But if they expect me to come everytime they call, then i can call from the lounge once in a while haha

There's another way too, assuming that that the room is on a different power circuit just pull the fuse or pop the breaker Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users