• You cannot reply to this topic

Next-Gen Iphone Design In Limbo

#1 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Computers & cars

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

Its looks like Apple are having trouble coming up with a new design for the next iPhone, (Iguess the No steve jobs effect is finally showing), any way if you are in the market for a new iPhone, it looks like you will be now waiting until september or october or maybe later.

Full story at Apple Insider
Come on 20K

Ken

#2 User is offline   Some Random Bloke 

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

Was always going to be Sept/Oct. And I blame Jonny Ives - he's responsible for industrial design!
"I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful...

...Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

#3 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers ...but am no expert .

IMAc Intel 2.9GhZ Icore i5; Ipod Classic 120GB now reconverted to Iphone5. Ipad air. Love cooking and gardening and travelling and animated discussions.

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

That leaves me in agony! :italiamac_rolleyes:
If you don't ask, there will be no answer!
Curiosity has immense benefits for all!

#4 User is offline   Some Random Bloke 

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

I'm sure there will be a new phone - Apple can't afford to wait longer than a year or so (not skip a whole calendar year, anyway). But it might be the same design as the 4/S. No biggie IMO.
"I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful...

...Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

#5 User is offline   BrianB 

• Pat a Mac
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything Apple,Technology, Photography

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

It's up to Johnny I've to come up with a new design.

To be honest I have a bad feeling we aren't going to see anything revolutionary in the design of the next iPhone or iOS 6. I think Apple have been playing it safe for quite a while and they may continue to do so.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have always believed all the Rumours and then been really disappointed.

I hope that iOS 6 is ground breaking and the next iPhone design is totally different... I have my fingers crossed!
Favourite Fruit....An Apple!

#6 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

I guess they are waiting to see how much samsung cannibalise there sales with the samsung galaxy 111, before they decide if an entire new design or form factor is required.
Come on 20K

Ken

#7 User is offline   BrianB 

• Pat a Mac
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

That's a good point Ken. To be honest the Samsung Galaxy 3 design is awful compared to the 2.

#8 User is offline   Some Random Bloke 

• Voice of Reason
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

Put this into perspective. There's very little they can do with the actual aesthetic design. Putting the antenna on the outside was out of the box thinking. The screen can only have incremental technology improvements, you can't get a sharper screen. They're aiming for thin so there's little room for playing around (as with all Apple products, you can't improve on minimalist, and iOS devices are essentially a screen.) Look to the OS for the significant improvements, and even there we're reaching equilibrium.

You need to learn contentment :)

#9 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

Contentment and inner peace!!! Never.
Come on 20K

Ken

#10 User is offline   JZ 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:• Apple Inc.
    • Sony
    • Nintendo
    • Pixar
    • Star Wars
    • Superman
    • Reading
    • Food - Cooking
    • Photography
    • Design
    • Great Coffee

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

although rumours seem to drive these forums they are just rumours, and never seem to be true. instead of thriving on the rumours these days i much prefer to sit back and see why apple does. there is just no predicting them anymore
jz
"It's more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy" - Steve Jobs

#11 User is offline   Jim 

• Cruizin
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:My Mac
    Collecting Watches
    Custom built engines
    Documentaries of the universe
    Call of Duty
    Sci Fi movies

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

View PostJZŽ, on 12 May 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

although rumours seem to drive these forums they are just rumours, and never seem to be true. instead of thriving on the rumours these days i much prefer to sit back and see why apple does. there is just no predicting them anymore

Ditto, it's a bummer getting Caught up in the rumour mill and holding expectation to apple to deliver it...god I so fell for that not so long ago.(stupid me) It always sets you up for disappointment, well for me anyway it did, so now I enjoy the flow in the now and move with what apple bring to the table at the time and enjoy from there it's usually all good anyway.

For me it's better! than! what is not! what isn't, what could of been, what they needed to do bla bla bla blaa it seems to get a little long in the tooth if you no what I mean .

I was thinking the other day that why couldn't we have some sort of chalk board that could be in our profiles page which allows you to advertise your wants and what fours

Just one more thou, it's has been maid clear to me quite a few times that a lot of very respected original poster from the past have left due to posts going off topic in so many areas, thus has caused to much frustration to individuals so they to moved on.

If its possible to start post with red flag or some sort identifier from the original person who started the post that they will or will not accept the topic going off topic.

Maybe this has all been done before, and failed ,so I was just asking the question.

Once again sorry for going of topic.
I
iMac 27-inch Late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7....3tb time capsule..128gig 4g wifi iPad Air...iPhone5...3rd gen Apple tv...iPod

#12 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

Half the fun of this place is when the odd topic goes off subject, i think if everything stayed on topic, there would be less and less posts.

And to be honest, this place was never meant to be some geek heaven, where everybody wears a propeller cap, and has a copy of c++ in there pocket, its always been about a great bunch of people get together have a yak, and help each other.

But you raise a great question, do we want it more technical, or more relaxed ? I will actually post up a heading and we will see what people say.
Come on 20K

Ken

#13 User is offline   Islandhead 

• Man with the big zucchini
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:IT, Mountain Biking, Gardening, Reading

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hey, I'll cry if I have to give up my propellor cap :)
~ Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. ~ Winston Churchill

#14 User is offline   Jim 

• Cruizin
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:My Mac
    Collecting Watches
    Custom built engines
    Documentaries of the universe
    Call of Duty
    Sci Fi movies

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

Greatly appreciate that.

Cheers Ken
iMac 27-inch Late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7....3tb time capsule..128gig 4g wifi iPad Air...iPhone5...3rd gen Apple tv...iPod

#15 User is offline   BrianB 

• Pat a Mac
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

I want it relaxed. It makes it more fun.

#16 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

IMAc Intel 2.9GhZ Icore i5; Ipod Classic 120GB now reconverted to Iphone5. Ipad air. Love cooking and gardening and travelling and animated discussions.

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

On...off...on ....off. What the heck! It seems that everything that is being talked about in this forum has the capacity to take all sorts.

If one goes off topic, then they are reminded, if they are on topic that is great/////and sometimes a little button that is pushed can contributes to a friendly and convivial forum.

Diversity is truly appreciable. And as Brian said yes, "relaxed" and easy going...no need for stress... poking, challenging and daring is also part of what is fun......it could be very soothing to speak and write about all sorts of things.

Now, are there any rules in this forum ...TOR....?

Personally, i have not been here long but I really like the tone of it all and the great people that are taking part in it.

#17 User is offline   Ken Gracey 

• Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

Pegi the site was sort of streered into the direction of the a Mac, easy to use you don't need a complex instruction manual, and it just works, this of course is not to say if a technical question is posted, there is no shortage of technically minded people here, to answer it, and then off course take it off topic :D
Come on 20K

Ken

#18 User is offline   JZ 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:• Apple Inc.
    • Sony
    • Nintendo
    • Pixar
    • Star Wars
    • Superman
    • Reading
    • Food - Cooking
    • Photography
    • Design
    • Great Coffee

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

As much as we've tried to keep topics together they always stray just like a normal conversation does.
But if some revisits an old thread are someone new posts on it. It can quickly come back to original topic to tackle the problem for the person posting.
jz
"It's more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy" - Steve Jobs

#19 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

JZ, agreed, if we are talking to a friend....it is normal to go off topic. We are not writing a dissertation after all.

#20 User is offline   pegi 

• Guru
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

thanks for the info Ken.

View PostKen Gracey, on 13 May 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

Pegi the site was sort of streered into the direction of the a Mac, easy to use you don't need a complex instruction manual, and it just works, this of course is not to say if a technical question is posted, there is no shortage of technically minded people here, to answer it, and then off course take it off topic :D

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users